Author Topic: details of previous U2.com subscription offer  (Read 2384 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
details of previous U2.com subscription offer
« on: December 01, 2012, 08:01:18 PM »
Hey guys, can you refresh my memory about something?  First some info:  I started a brand new U2.com subscription in November 2011.  Before that, I didn't have a subscription for 2 or 3 years.  Because I started the brand new subscription in November 2011, I was eventually sent the U22 two-CD Set (which eventually arrived in 2012).  I'm pretty sure the following is correct, but I just want confirmation:
Before U2.com sent me the U22 two-CD set, did U2.com allow subscribers the opportunity to download tracks (that were on U22) before U22 was mailed out?

I'm not referring to the bonus download of Unknown Caller because I realize that track was not on the U22 two-CD set.

If the answer to the underlined question above is yes, then isn't it possible that the recent downloads (No Line On The Horizon, Spanish Eyes, Desire) might also be on the Edge's Picks 15-track CD?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:41:23 PM by dagobah »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: details of previous U2.com subscription offer
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 01:02:23 AM »
They did send out some U22 tracks last year, but only because it was so delayed.

They specifically stated that NLOTH and Spanish Eyes would not be on Edge's Picks, and Desire is listed as a "bonus track," so I don't think it will be on there either.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Re: details of previous U2.com subscription offer
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2012, 01:38:35 AM »
Brad, thank you for the quick reply.  I don't remember what U2.com stated concerning the downloads for No Line On The Horizon, Spanish Eyes, and Desire . . . . . but now that I've read your reply, it makes sense.  Thanks again.