Author Topic: Help Wanted: Data Review.  (Read 2493 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Help Wanted: Data Review.
« on: May 08, 2012, 09:05:57 AM »
Hi All --

Looking for a little help with the website.  I've been working on data entry over the last couple of months, and would really like someone who has some proof reading skills / editing skills to have a look at it all and start looking for spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, instances where there may be factual errors etc.

You would not be editing the entries, but only reviewing the material that is there and making a list of changes that are required.

If you are interested, drop me an email at aaron (at) u2wanderer.org and let me know what kind of background you have in this sort of stuff, and what you might be interested in helping out with.  If you are interested in helping with other aspects of the page let me know as well...those will all come along eventually...I want to get everything written first.

One thing I will point out is that the database entries for singles are being entirely re-written from scratch.  A considerable amount of research is being done on these entries to ensure the most accuracte information is presented.  I'm tired of wikipedia and all the incorrect data presented there and have gone back to original source material and people present to ensure what is being put in place is correct.  There have been a number of successes I'm proud of and can't wait to share, like the actual release date of most of the singles (I can't believe how many are incorrect on the 'net, even in the current u2wanderer listings)  So I would like to make sure this information is all presented in the best light possible which means straightening up on our English.  :-)

If i get no reply through the forum in two weeks, i will post this through the twitter account as well as asking other sites if they can help get the word out.

Many thanks.
Aaron

morgan1098

Re: Help Wanted: Data Review.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 09:55:51 AM »
Aaron... e-mail sent!