Author Topic: Help with Relaunch!!  (Read 2481 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Help with Relaunch!!
« on: September 09, 2011, 11:18:12 AM »
Hi All -- I'd like some help with the relaunch.  Would like to have you start listing your U2 CDs here from 1980 - 1990 (Pre-Achtung Baby/The Fly)

I'd like you to list the following if you would like to participate:

Title.
Country of Release.
Catalog Number on Spine.
Catalog Number on CD.
Matrix Number on CD.
UPC Code Numbers.

And any pressing info such as if it was from a record club (BMG or Columbia House) if you are aware of that.  Please type out catalog numbers and such with any spaces present in them.  THe reason i'm looking for the number from CD and spine, is sometimes there are variations in the two and I want to capture that.

I may ask for some clarifications along the way.  :-)

Example:
Boy 
Canada
CID-110 
CID 110
#921129A CIDM-110 MFG BY CINRAM
0 75679 00402 4 97
Purchased in store.

Couple of things to note:

Country - only list it if you can find some identification on the disc or sleeve that states where it was made.  If not and you think you know where it is from mark it with a (?) beside the title. 

Matrix - this is the set of numbers and letters around the ring on the bottom of the disc.  Most times these will be reflective - a space between any groupings of numbers is fine.  If there are engraved numbers as well as reflective numbers please list it like this CID110 CIDM-110 (engraved: 5S)

No need to do this all at once.  A little at a time would be a great start.  I'd like to start with the albums if anyone wants to help...

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
Re: Help with Relaunch!!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 10:01:51 PM »
::: Aaron

I've been keeping since ages an excel file, in columns I've created a similar document with all the info you need, except matrix. Let me know if this would help. I'm sending this to your e-mail of U2 wanderer.  8)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Help with Relaunch!!
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 04:37:34 PM »
thanks got the file, but have been on vacation.  will respond soon!!  :)