Author Topic: 'U22' - The Ultimate U2360° Setlist  (Read 44165 times)

morgan1098

Re: 'U22' - The Ultimate U2360° Setlist
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2011, 04:01:11 PM »
When are the results supposed to be announced?  I actually joined U2.com for the very first time just to get this set, and now I'm too lazy to log on and find out.  :(

On the plus side, there seems to be a lot of extra thought and planning going into this release.  None of the other Fan Club CDs had packaging mock-ups released this early, did they?  That packaging is way more impressive than anything they've done before.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2011, 11:33:26 AM »
Voting closes on December 18. I expect we'll hear shortly after that.

morgan1098

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2012, 03:24:32 PM »
Here's the list from U2.com.  This list is based on the number of votes each track got, but it's not the sequence of the CDs.  The e-mail mentions that the songs still need to be "sequenced."

1. Bad
2. Where The Streets Have No Name
3. Magnificent
4. One
5. Ultraviolet
6. Even Better than The Real Thing
7. With or Without You
8. Beautiful Day
9. City of Blinding Lights
10. The Unforgettable Fire
11. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
12. All I Want is You/Love Rescue Me
13. Moment of Surrender
14. Until The End of the World
15. The Fly
16. One Tree Hill
17. Stay (Faraway, So Close)
18. Walk On
19. Zooropa
20. Elevation
21. Out of Control
22. Mysterious Ways

I've already made peace with the fact that songs like Your Blue Room and Electrical Storm weren't going to make it.  But I am bummed that NLOTH was edged out by yet another version of Mysterious Ways during the final days of voting...  :-[

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2012, 03:34:48 PM »
Well. One Tree Hill made it.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »
morgan1098 . . . . . thanks for posting the list.  I'm quite disappointed the following weren't chosen (in no order):
Breathe
Unknown Caller
No Line On The Horizon
Electrical Storm
Mothers Of The Disappeared
Your Blue Room

and maybe a few of the newer songs they played (but haven't yet released studio versions of)

FYI, I'm not sure if all of the above songs were eligible for the vote.  Regardless, I'm surprised U2 fans chose so many of the hits.  Oh well.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 01:23:16 AM »
:::... and once again we have an official release with the same ol' songs...

We let the youngest fans with credit card spoiled a big chance to do something interesting.  ???

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2012, 02:17:50 AM »
We let the youngest fans with credit card spoiled a big chance to do something interesting.  ???

I wouldn't generalise on such a comment...

Does anyone want to take a stab at the order of the songs? A lot of them could slot in to their original setlist positions. Or does anyone think they will go with a different idea for the order?

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 05:22:45 PM »
Even people that voted for some rare tracks would vote for some common ones, and then you have people that just voted for common ones... so in the end it would tend to average out for the more common/popular tracks even if a lot of people voted for more rare tracks.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 03:33:15 PM »
Even people that voted for some rare tracks would vote for some common ones, and then you have people that just voted for common ones... so in the end it would tend to average out for the more common/popular tracks even if a lot of people voted for more rare tracks.

:::..There are songs that make sense together, I agree: UVI-WOWY, ONE-STREETS, etc.

But again, another offcial live release (DVD or Fans only CD live release) with Mysterious Ways? The Fly? Beautiful Day?...it's gonna be an awful setlist non-related to any of the 3 phases that the tour had: pre-back-surgery, post surgery or Glastonbury rehearsals.

Some guy at @U2 Forum said that a Live recording CD of Glastonbury would have kick every-fan (and I add old and young fan).  8)

The final set list will have only peak moments: OOC, BAD, STREETS, UVI, EBTTRT...and I really dont think that MOS got more votes than Every Breaking Wave, or Mercy...oh, c'mon...  :P

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2012, 04:29:11 PM »
I thought they didn't have the unreleased tracks available for voting? Or all of them?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2012, 08:33:05 AM »
Yes, Carl is right, there was no ability to vote for "Every Breaking Wave", "Mercy" or any of the new songs, with the exception of the instrumental "Return of the Stingray Guitar".

I think had they been included there might have been some call for those songs, but "Stingray" didn't make it...was that because it was instrumental or was it because the bulk of fanclub members had no clue what it was?!

Over the years the fan club has grown by leaps and bounds as people join to try to get advance tickets. My cousin hasn't bought an album since Achtung Baby but when the chance to see them in Moncton came up she joined the fan club.  She voted in the poll as well.  She just picked songs she knew (ie. the hits.)  I'm thinking that type of member makes up the bulk of the membership right now post tour, rather than being the minimum...

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2012, 03:23:51 PM »
Thus it is entirely Aaron's fault, as he has enlisted untold legions of casual fans to join u2.com so he can snag their extra tickets!

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2012, 04:09:03 PM »
Over the years the fan club has grown by leaps and bounds as people join to try to get advance tickets. My cousin hasn't bought an album since Achtung Baby but when the chance to see them in Moncton came up she joined the fan club.  She voted in the poll as well.  She just picked songs she knew (ie. the hits.)  I'm thinking that type of member makes up the bulk of the membership right now post tour, rather than being the minimum...

I'm shocked to read this about your cousin.  But based on the vote results, this thinking makes sense.  I wonder if the U2 camp ever conceived that the voting could go this way . . . . . that songs like Unknown Caller, Breathe, and No Line On The Horizon would not be voted for.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
So in a very real sense, u2.com has been doing right by the majority of their fan club members with releases, regardless of what everybody of the people at this forum thought. :p

George

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2012, 06:34:55 AM »
So in a very real sense, u2.com has been doing right by the majority of their fan club members with releases, regardless of what everybody of the people at this forum thought. :p

Well, at least they've been doing right by the people who buy subscriptions once every 4 years when a tour is coming their way.

Here's to getting my 10th official live release of Beautiful Day!
(please read heavy sarcasm into the previous line)