Author Topic: Killing Bono (movie released in 2011)  (Read 6824 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Killing Bono (movie released in 2011)
« on: October 15, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
I just discovered that the movie Killing Bono was released in 2011 (earlier this year).  I watched the movie trailer on the Internet and I'm interested in seeing it.  I will request it at my local library (here in Colorado), but it might be difficult for them to acquire it from another library.  Has anyone (here on the forum) seen the movie?  What did you think of it?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2011, 07:20:01 PM by columbiaeagle »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Killing Bono (movie released in 2011)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 07:54:26 PM »
It hasn't been released on DVD in the US yet.

It is available on Comcast On Demand. Probably from other cable providers as well.

darrenvox

• "And if you look, you look through me"
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 09:35:13 PM »
i just watched the trailer, realyl want to see it, was it supposed to be released in theatres or like a tv movie??

i would love to see it!!

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 02:41:38 PM »
Just a heads up -- i just noticed that "Killing Bono" is out on DVD when I was going through movies at my local HMV.  Not sure how I missed it coming out, but it's been out for a while now I was told...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 07:19:04 PM »
I watched it on pay per view. Decent but not sure how many times I would want to revisit it.

morgan1098

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
It's streaming on Netflix now.  I enjoyed it for what it was, although in reading some reviews it appears that the movie strays pretty far from Neil McCormick's book, which I haven't read.

At times the guy who plays Bono looks and acts nothing like him, but on a few rare occasions he actually hits the mark.

The other members of U2 only making a fleeting appearance at the beginning of the film. But there is lots of U2 lore and Dublin landmarks sprinkled throughout the movie.  I like the way the movie marks the passage of time by which U2 album cover is plastering the walls, streets, billboards, etc.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2012, 03:41:30 PM »
None of you guys have said the movie was horrible or not worth seeing at least once.  So . . . . since it's U2-related, I'll try to track it down at some point.  I haven't read the book so I'll be going in with nothing to compare it to.  Part of what I'm looking forward to seeing is what morgan1098 described:

The other members of U2 only making a fleeting appearance at the beginning of the film. But there is lots of U2 lore and Dublin landmarks sprinkled throughout the movie.  I like the way the movie marks the passage of time by which U2 album cover is plastering the walls, streets, billboards, etc.

morgan1098

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 03:31:16 PM »
It's definitely worth seeing!

morgan1098

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 10:48:47 AM »
In related news, Man on a Train, starring Larry Mullen Jr, is now streaming on Netflix as well. I haven't watched it yet so I can't comment on the quality.