Author Topic: The price of collecting U2 stuff  (Read 6923 times)

nvh65

The price of collecting U2 stuff
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:27:42 AM »
I have a pretty big U2 CD collection, there are exactly eight that I don't have. They do appear from time to time on places like eBay but at far more than I would pay for them. Most of my stuff was bought at the time it was current and for reasonable money. Having kids now I can't justify massive outlays on one of my hobbies.

Some prices frankly seem mental and I don't think the items seem to sell - so I'm kind of interested in what people have paid for stuff and what you make of some of the prices going around at the moment.

And is it just me or do French collectors charge the most? I get notifications from eBay on a couple of things - I see a huge price for something and say 'must be French.' Not just the usual spread of eBay prices.

yseilys (dead)

Re: The price of collecting U2 stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2011, 06:01:29 AM »
And is it just me or do French collectors charge the most? I get notifications from eBay on a couple of things - I see a huge price for something and say 'must be French.' Not just the usual spread of eBay prices.

Hi

Yseilys, French U2 collector...
What is exactly your problem?

nvh65

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2011, 12:39:19 PM »

Hi

Yseilys, French U2 collector...
What is exactly your problem?

I didn't say anything nasty - there are a couple of sellers listing stuff on eBay for over £100 - when the same item averages around £20 on a number of listings. For some reason they tend to often be French.

There are some daft prices on eBay, not all are French but for some reason quite a few of the most expensive (compared to similar items in other listings) are French. I just observe this and ask why.

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 03:59:53 AM »
I know... are you talking about those sellers:

My--Maya
Zooropa079
and
U2crazytonight

... the two first ones are famous thief... the second one use many accounts to bid on his own auctions or list 1 item on many other auction too (VERTIGO PROMO BOX RARE)

The last is a huge U2 collector and his items a really very very very very rare...

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 08:01:07 AM »
Funny enough I've never had a problem with French sellers, and I've indeed gotten a few great bargains out of France.  But like with everything there are good and there are bad.  I could list a few Canadian sellers who are just plain outrageous.  But if someone's willing to pay it then I guess they didn't list it at the wrong price...

slaneman

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
But if someone's willing to pay it then I guess they didn't list it at the wrong price...

How true. Wide Awake In Europe, anyone?  ;D

nvh65

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 03:30:01 PM »
I know... are you talking about those sellers:

My--Maya
Zooropa079
and
U2crazytonight

... the two first ones are famous thief... the second one use many accounts to bid on his own auctions or list 1 item on many other auction too (VERTIGO PROMO BOX RARE)

The last is a huge U2 collector and his items a really very very very very rare...

The first two for sure - crazy, crazy prices. If one guy is generating lots of accounts that may explain why there seems to be so much of it.