Author Topic: Achtung Baby 20!  (Read 64242 times)

PatrickM

Achtung Baby 20!
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:26:26 PM »

http://achtungbaby.u2.com/

Feeling slightly out of air right now...

morgan1098

Re: Achtung Baby 20!
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »
6 CDs!  4 DVDs!  Zooropa gets the shaft, a little.  Here's the "not final" track listing:
http://store.universal-music.co.uk/restofworld/achtung-baby/u2-achtung-baby-super-deluxe-box-2011/invt/0602527793702/

CD1 - Achtung Baby

01. Zoo Station
02. Even Better Than The Real Thing
03. One
04. Until The End Of The World
05. Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
06. So Cruel
07. The Fly
08. Mysterious Ways
09. Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
11. Acrobat
12. Love Is Blindness

CD2 - Zooropa

01. Zooropa
02. Babyface
03. Numb (The Edge)
04. Lemon
05. Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
06. Daddy’s Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
07. Some Days Are Better Than Others
08. The First Time
09. Dirty Day (Bono and The Edge)
10. The Wanderer

CD3 - Uber Remixes

01. Night and Day (Steel string remix)
02. Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
03. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)
04. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
05. Can’t help falling in love (Triple peaks Remix)
06. Lady with the spinning head (extended Dance remix)
07. Real Thing (V16 Exit Wound Remix)
08. Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
09. The Lounge fly mix
10. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)
11. One (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [S-109]

CD4 - Unter Remixes

01. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix)
02. Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
03. Can’t help Falling in Love (Mystery Train Dub)
04. One (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [S-109]
05. Lemon (Momo’s Reprise)
06. Salome (Zooromancer Remix)
07. Real Thing (Trance Mix)
08. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
09. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic hour Remix)
10. Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)
11. Real Thing (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
11. Paint it black
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3
16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

CD6 - “Baby” Actung Baby

01. “Baby” Zoo Station
02. “Baby” Even Better Than The Real Thing
03. “Baby” One
04. “Baby” Until The End Of The World
05. “Baby” Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
06. “Baby” So Cruel
07. “Baby” The Fly
08. “Baby” Mysterious Ways
09. “Baby” Tryin’ To Throw Your Arms Around The World
10. “Baby” Ultra Violet (Light My Way)
11. “Baby” Acrobat
12. “Baby” Love Is Blindness

DVD

01. From The Sky Down – a documentary
02. Videos
03. Bonus Material
04. ZooTV Live From Sydney – the concert

miryclay

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 01:28:31 PM »
CD3 - Uber Remixes

01. Night and Day (Steel string remix)
02. Real Thing (Perfecto Mix)
03. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Extended Club Mix)
04. Lemon (Perfecto Mix)
05. Can’t help falling in love (Triple peaks Remix)
06. Lady with the spinning head (extended Dance remix)
07. Real Thing (V16 Exit Wound Remix)
08. Mysterious Ways (Ultimatum Mix)
09. The Lounge fly mix
10. Mysterious Ways (The Perfecto Remix)
11. One (Apollo 440) – Mix Master [S-109]

CD4 - Unter Remixes

01. Mysterious Ways (Tabla Motown Remix)
02. Mysterious Ways (Appollo 440 Magic Hour Remix)
03. Can’t help Falling in Love (Mystery Train Dub)
04. One (Apollo 440) – Ambient Master [S-109]
05. Lemon (Momo’s Reprise)
06. Salome (Zooromancer Remix)
07. Real Thing (Trance Mix)
08. Numb (Gimme Some More Dignity Mix)
09. Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic hour Remix)
10. Numb (The Soul Assassins Mix)
11. Real Thing (Apollo 440 Stealth Sonic Remix)

Of these discs I only see three tracks that are commercially unreleased. The two One remixes and the Mystery Train Dub. Which is on some promos.

My fav of all of these tracks are the MW Magic Hour remix and Triple Peaks remix of Can't Help Fallin in Love.

CD5 - B-sides and Bonus Tracks

01. Lady with the spinning head (UV1)
02. Blow Your House – Analogue Mix Bono Edit 190711
03. Salome
04. Even Better Than the Real Thing (Single)
05. Satelite of love
06. Wild Horses (Temple Bar Remix)
07. Heaven And Hell – In Truth Mix 211711
08. Oh Berlin – Analogue Mix 1 190711 (needs an edit)
09. Near the Island (instr) Night train from Rostock.
10. Down All The Days (Vsn 1) [CD#4/07] (needs edits)
11. Paint it black
12. Fortunate Son
13. Alex Descends into Hell for a bottle of Milk/Korova
14. Where did it all go wrong
15. Everybody loves a winner edit between take 2+3
16. Real Thing (Fish out of water mix)

I see six unreleased tracks on this one. 7 if you include the new Real Thing mix.

miryclay

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 01:31:02 PM »
It gets more confusing when you look at the records. They offer vinyl only tracks.

Newman!

MDuchek

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 01:53:25 PM »
Wow.  Mystery Train Dub?  SWEET.  That didn't even make that iTunes thing.

Now assuming this is legit (it still looks rough - what does "needs an edit" mean?) I hope Aaron will go through this track by track and explain it.  Maybe "Fish out of Water Mix" is the new EBTTRT 360 version???

MDuchek

« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 02:06:03 PM »
Also worth noting that this is by no means everything from that era, even with 2 CDs of remixes it's not all there, not even close if you count edits, etc...  However, exciting to see these mysterious versions of "One," the Ultimatum Mix of MW (I guess technically commercially released but very rare), and the Soul Assassins Mix of "Numb" was only on Melon wasn't it?  The Mystery Train Dub only appeared on one 12 inch vinyl promo, and that's it, ever.  Besides some bastardized versions on some of the "fruitlegs" it has never appeared anywhere else on CD or otherwise that I know of.

Of these discs I only see three tracks that are commercially unreleased. The two One remixes and the Mystery Train Dub. Which is on some promos.

morgan1098

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 02:19:41 PM »
Also worth noting that this is by no means everything from that era, even with 2 CDs of remixes it's not all there, not even close if you count edits, etc...  However, exciting to see these mysterious versions of "One," the Ultimatum Mix of MW (I guess technically commercially released but very rare), and the Soul Assassins Mix of "Numb" was only on Melon wasn't it?  The Mystery Train Dub only appeared on one 12 inch vinyl promo, and that's it, ever.  Besides some bastardized versions on some of the "fruitlegs" it has never appeared anywhere else on CD or otherwise that I know of.

Speaking of Melon, where's Stay (Underdog Mix)?

Actually, lots of Zooropa stuff is missing: I've Got You Under My Skin, Slow Dancing, Bullet live in Dublin (Stay b-side), Love is Blindness live in NY (Stay b-side), some worthy Lemon remixes (and many unworthy, ha!), and the alternate/soundtrack versions of Until the End of the World, Stay, and Wanderer.  Plus I'd like the rumored "Bono version" of Wanderer.  Oh well.  There's still a ton of good stuff here to digest.  I'm insanely curious about those dance remixes of "One," and of course the alternate version of the complete Achtung Baby album.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 04:06:08 PM »
This is fantastic. Now to justify spending a couple hundred dollars more just for the sunglasses....

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »
Anyone think that price on the UK Amazon site will come down a bit as the release approaches? I've seen it happen before with other new release stuff, albeit on the US one, which doesn't have a price yet, and that current price is just... frightening. They better be actual sunglasses Bono wore during that era if I'm spending that money...

Otherwise, excited about the news. Best email to wake up to.

MDuchek

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 08:18:16 AM »
I agree it sounds pricey.  And what's in there doesn't seem to justify the price.  Always find it odd when they do things like replicas of singles.  Why?  Who actually wants those?  Why not get the actual original singles?

A few other quibbles:

1.) No Blu ray version?

2.) Why the need to include the ZOO TV Sydney show again?  I already have that in that deluxe edition

So they are double dipping a bit here with fans.  It makes some sense to include that stuff but on the other hand the Sydney release was recent enough that most big fans would already have gotten that pretty recently.

slaneman

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2011, 10:25:50 AM »
At the current exchange rate, and going by the current prices on Universal's site, the Super Deluxe looks like a good value for around $122.00. You get the 6-CDs and 4-DVDs, including the Guggenheim documentary, and the book. That's a deal.

90 bucks for the 4-LP box is not too far out of line with other new vinyl release prices which are 20-30 bucks a pop depending on the remastereing, etc. but I'd like to be able to buy just AB and Zooropa separately as 2x180g sets. Blue vinyl remixes...hmmm

So what about Zooropa? The album seems to be an afterthought, at least so far.  ???

hmtmkmkm

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 11:05:51 PM »
I feel compelled to let other users in here know: I've just made the decision to pre-order the uber deluxe edition of the remastered AB from the UK Amazon store (possibly the dumbest economical decision I've made for a long while, but there it is anyway) and on my order confirmation page, I was only charged £274.99 (despite the product page saying £329.99, uhh what?!), with £0 for the "FREE super saver delivery" option (uhh, what, again?!). I have no idea why I was allowed that delivery option but it was there, so I chose it (maybe because certain items are free when they're so expensive? I'll ask Amazon shortly). In addition, I'm certain this time yesterday, the product page actually said £~380. So, even though I was charged £274.99 instead of £329.99, £329.99 is STILL a saving of around £50 that was advertised yesterday. So the price is coming down. I think that's good news, even if all the other savings are mistakes that will be corrected? I'd say to those who can afford it, and for some who can't but want it desperately, get on board while these savings are still available...

Edit: In terms of the shipping, I was plain blind. Apparently, on the product page, it freely says shipping is free to Australia. I hope it's like that for everyone else... But in terms of why I was charged £54 less than the current product page price? No idea. I've emailed Amazon UK to make sure it's not a mistake. I was hesitant to point it out in case they see it was a mistake and I have to fork out the total cost, but I'd rather play it safe now than get a shock on the day of shipping to see I was charged the full amount. And on top of all this, the price might still come down, seeing as Amazon frequently lowers their costs at random times as the delivery date approaches.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:21:37 PM by hmtmkmkm »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:08 AM »
I will probably go for the super deluxe. I'm waiting for a US seller because I don't want to have to deal with the DVDs being PAL or region coded for another region.

I would only get the Uber if I find a really deep discount somewhere.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2011, 03:04:43 PM »
So what about Zooropa? The album seems to be an afterthought, at least so far.  ???

Yeah, hopefully it'll get its own re-release when the time comes. I'd be surprised if they honestly have no extra material laying around to throw in its bonus disc.

I'm probably going to get the Super Deluxe and try to get the sunglasses from someone who bought the Uber but doesn't want them. So if any of you are buying the Uber version for all the other stuff but don't want them, let me know.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »
Wow.  Mystery Train Dub?  SWEET.  That didn't even make that iTunes thing.

Now assuming this is legit (it still looks rough - what does "needs an edit" mean?) I hope Aaron will go through this track by track and explain it.  Maybe "Fish out of Water Mix" is the new EBTTRT 360 version???

I have gone through it all track by track and noted what's rare, what's new, what isn't.  Should be posted later today or tomorrow.  It is a rough track listing.  You can see in some cases where the notes say "between edit 2 and 3" that to me says it's rough notes on a track listing and shouldn't have been released yet...

The "Fish Out of Water Mix" is the new EBTTRT version they've been playing on the road.  He did that mix with them prior to the South American shows.

I'll drop a note when my analysis is up (it will be posted on atu2.com)