Author Topic: U2 Duals Tracklisting  (Read 20890 times)

morgan1098

Re: U2 Duals Tracklisting
« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2011, 08:43:02 AM »
Didn't U2.com send out an e-mail more than two weeks ago saying that Duals was ready to ship?  Hasn't anyone received theirs yet?  Or is this release truly so underwhelming that people have it already and simply don't have anything to say about it?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2011, 12:41:01 PM »
see the front page / blog.  first ones have started showing in the wild.  friends in new york and washington report getting theirs in the mail today.  i assume they'll slowly show up everywhere from here...pic of the cd on the blog...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2011, 03:44:22 PM »
Aaron, when you used the phrase "front page / blog" in your post above:

Are you only referring to page one of this topic?

Does blog refer to a website separate from this forum?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2011, 05:44:14 PM »
Front Page = http://www.u2wanderer.org/

First item under newsbits is the item about the Duals album showing up.  You can click the link there to go to the blog Brad set up for the site a while back.  When we relaunch all of that will be brought back together...

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »
Thanks for explaining.  I really appreciate it.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2011, 12:40:10 PM »
The forum is supporting the website.  So when I say front page it is almost always in reference to the index page at u2wanderer.org.  We've gotten scattered during the last crash.  We expect to bring it all back together in the next round so you'll be able to see better navigation throughout hopefully.  :0)

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2011, 10:20:05 PM »
::: I'm using this post to congratulate Aaron for this collaboration on @U2 about the 'Duals' CD.

But also I'm saying:

::: What is happen with some people/fans?

At Yahoo Collectors Group, the members are saying: '...I've received my 'Duals' it's a nice, cd/nice package/great arrival..."

First, for those who don't know me or have read a post by me here, or somewhere esle: I'm almost 40, and I'm an Architect. Thus this obviously I have a wider spectrum of graphic arts design, because of my job, I know how to use digital software to create enviroments, spaces, colours, textures, and to project any design we must apply knowledge about contrast, unity, clarity, balance, simetric elements and or contrast with light, shades, transparencies or opacity items, etc.

How can someone of us --as I've read on twitter, U2.com, Yahoo Collectors, Zootopia, Etc.-- say that 'Duals' has a great design package?

JesusChrist. It's the most awful sleeve/jacket, or inner fold out package ever in U2 history.

I still don't know if it was produced by Steve Averill and Company, but, you don't need to have studied neither graphic or architectonic design. With Corel Draw, or Adobe Illustrator or whatever design software and a bunch of official photography of the band, a lot of Us would have come with a better cover and overall design.

The only good thing of all of this 'Duals' was the original concept. A compilation of U2 and other artists collaborations. The rest is like a slap on the face. At least for me. i can't be insulted like that, first with the tracklisting, then with the poor graphic design.

I wanna read opinions, guys.
Happy Easter. >:(

morgan1098

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
Has anyone seen any good deals for this on ebay yet?  Usually the ticket brokers sell off their copies for cheap.  So far, most of these are going for more than $30, which is shocking to me.  I think I got Artificial Horizon for less than $20 soon after it was released.  I guess I should just keep checking.

MartinTexas

« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2011, 05:43:00 PM »
How can someone of us --as I've read on twitter, U2.com, Yahoo Collectors, Zootopia, Etc.-- say that 'Duals' has a great design package?

JesusChrist. It's the most awful sleeve/jacket, or inner fold out package ever in U2 history.
When I saw the first version (that with 2 microphones) I thought that child could had better... Ther was almost put no work/effort on it. I thought it couldn't be worse.  ???
But then u2.com released new artwork, even worse.... It's unreadable with this colours.

The only good thing of all of this 'Duals' was the original concept. A compilation of U2 and other artists collaborations. The rest is like a slap on the face.
I think so. If the tracklisting would be great, I think the artwork wouldn't be so important, but now both things are crap  ::)

All in all none of the subscribers CDs are worth of 50/40 $ - as subscribtion (in non touring seasons) isn't offering anything special. U2 Videos, short amateur clips from shows or full albums to listening aren't something new for U2 fans. U2.com should release some concerts CDs but not this ripped from DVDs...  :-\

U2 Duals has SBS Live with Jay-Z but why just they didn't added Scarlet form Auckland (also with Jay-Z). Scarlet was never released Live, it's rare track for U2 fans, against another version of well know SBS.  ::)

George

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2011, 04:26:49 AM »
U2 Duals has SBS Live with Jay-Z but why just they didn't added Scarlet form Auckland (also with Jay-Z). Scarlet was never released Live, it's rare track for U2 fans, against another version of well know SBS.  ::)

U2 doesn't release so many things because they are scared.  This is why they edit their live releases so much.  They are scared to show something that, to them, isn't perfect.  This is also why it takes so long to release new material.

On a different note, I've had U2 Duals for a few years now.  It's called an iTunes playlist.  Mine is actually called U2 Duets.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2011, 07:40:25 PM »
::: A fellow architect has offered me his 'Duals' cd in ex-change for doing some work for him.

I said ok...so no compromise with U2.com, but I will have my copy to fill the collection, great deal!
 :P

MDuchek

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2011, 11:12:37 AM »
Actually a live version (which prior to this tour was the only known live version) of Scarlet was released on the October deluxe edition.

Scarlet was never released Live, it's rare track for U2 fans, against another version of well know SBS.  ::)

MartinTexas

« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2011, 09:42:23 AM »
Actually a live version (which prior to this tour was the only known live version) of Scarlet was released on the October deluxe edition.
I would rather said it was alternative studio version.  ;)  It good BBC session version, but it's not Live Concert version as they play on 360 Tour.  :-\