Author Topic: 05/26/2017: Mastered for iTunes releases  (Read 583 times)

God, Part II

Re: 05/26/2017: Mastered for iTunes releases
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 03:29:06 PM »
Is there any rumor of these new MFiT masters getting lossless releases sometime in the near future, either digitally or on CD?

I'd be happy to be wrong but since these masters are specifically for and by iTunes, which doesn't offer lossless versions of any of its music at this time (that I'm aware of) and is in direct competition with CDs for your media dollars, I'd say it's unlikely digitally and nigh impossible for CD.

George

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 10:18:44 AM »
I'd be happy to be wrong but since these masters are specifically for  and by  iTunes, which doesn't offer lossless versions of any of its music at this time (that I'm aware of) and is in direct competition with CDs for your media dollars, I'd say it's unlikely digitally and nigh impossible for CD.

It's done by them?  Interesting.

God, Part II

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 01:03:48 PM »
I'd be happy to be wrong but since these masters are specifically for  and by  iTunes, which doesn't offer lossless versions of any of its music at this time (that I'm aware of) and is in direct competition with CDs for your media dollars, I'd say it's unlikely digitally and nigh impossible for CD.

It's done by them?  Interesting.

Forgive me if my phrasing was clumsy. I don't mean to say that Apple engineers specifically make the MFiT masters, just that they dictate the rules whereby a master submitted to them qualifies for the MFiT credential.