Author Topic: Artificial Horizon Tracklist  (Read 14699 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Artificial Horizon Tracklist
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:51:29 PM »
1. Elevation (Influx Mix) - previously released on Elevation single.
2. Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix) - previously on the Sometimes single.
3. Get On Your Boots (Fish Out Of Water Mix) - new
4. Vertigo (Trent Reznor Remix) - previously on the Sometimes single (Japan).
5. Magnificent (Falke Radio Mix) - previously Magnificent promo
6. I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (Live U2360 Remix) - new
7. Beautiful Day (David Holmes Remix) - previously Stuck single (Australia)
8. Staring At The Sun (Monster Truck Remix) - Staring at the Sun single
9. Happiness Is A Warm Gun (Danny Saber Mix) - Last Night on Earth single
10. Get On Your Boots (Justice Remix) - Magnificent single.
11. City Of Blinding Lights (Hot Chip 2006 Remix) - new.
12. If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix) - MOFO single / Best of 90-00
13. Staring At The Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix)- Staring at the Sun 2002 Promo Vinyl

« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 02:09:00 PM by Aaron »

God, Part II

Re: Artificial Horizon Tracklist
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 02:12:13 PM »
Hmph...so only four new tracks (and I'm counting the divine "Staring at the Sun (Brothers in Rhythm Ambient Mix because it's previously only been available on vinyl).  Not the watershed release I was hoping for, but I'll still look into a purchase...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 02:24:02 PM »
Not zesty.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 04:48:53 PM »
I noticed the first post states:
12.  If God Will Send His Angels (Grand Jury Mix) - MOFO single / Best of 90-00

If God Will Send His Angels (Big Yam Mix) is on my own 2-CD Set of The Best Of 1990-2000.

The U2 discography states that the Grand Jury Mix was remixed by Gerald Baillergeau AKA Big Yam.  The U2 discography also states that there is a time difference of 2 seconds between the Grand Jury Mix (5:40) and the Big Yam Mix (5:42).

Is the Grand Jury Mix the same as the Big Yam Mix?  If so, why is there two different names for the same remix?

jw

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 05:50:17 PM »
Big Yam and Grand Jury Mix are the same.  Don't know why the different names.  I remember it caused me some wasted effort during the Pop era trying to track down the Big Yam mix on a promo release.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 08:22:12 PM »
Yup the two mixes are the same - no idea why the different names. as for the discrepancy in track times?  anything within 2 seconds or so may be due to changes in how i've been reading cds over the years...

sleus

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 03:04:51 AM »
I was hoping for some more obscure mixes like the Walk on Hallelujah Mix or the MOFO Matthew Roberts Explicit Mix (would be nice to have this last one on cd).

God, Part II

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 09:21:05 AM »
I was hoping for some more obscure mixes like the Walk on Hallelujah Mix or the MOFO Matthew Roberts Explicit Mix (would be nice to have this last one on cd).

I was very much hoping for those two in particular, as well as the "Mysterious Ways (Solar Plexus Magic Hour Remix)" (which simply fuses the "Solar Plexus Club Mix" and "Apollo 440 Magic Hour Remix" together, but with far more effective results than either provides separately...digitally, it's only been available on a god-awful-hard-to-track-down Japanese 3" CD), but I don't know why I bother getting my hopes up.  U2 just doesn't seem to plan their club releases with the hardest-core collector's/fans in mind...

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 10:05:42 AM »
Not only do they not think of the hardcore collector, but did you look at the announcement?  Staring at the Sun was labelled "Starting at the Sun", Get on your Boots was called "Get Your Boots On" - whoever wrote that piece doesn't even seem to be familiar with the song titles...or was very prone to errors.

And you know somewhere out there was someone saying "oh another IGWSHA mix - we should include that" not realizing it was the same as the one on the Best Of anyway...

Me?  I'm just happy we are getting something new.  After all most of the releases have been retreads of what has gone before, with many just being audio ripped from dvd releases...

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 01:37:32 PM »
Audio of like half the dvd release heh.

They're never going to do anything for the "hardest core" unless it's an update to the iTunes complete... seems to be a decent tracklisting with a few new ones.

I have to admit that if someone told me the only song to be featured twice would be SATS I wouldn't have believed it. :p

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 04:02:54 PM »
Isn't that the oddest choice?  Staring at the Sun?  Add in Happiness and IGWSHA and you have four pop era tunes...two from ATYCLB...three from HTDAAB...and four from Horizon...equal representation from Pop and Horizon...interesting...

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 05:14:20 PM »
Great, 11 re-releases, and only one of them is new to digital. On the bright side, I can't resubscribe anyway, so I couldn't spend $50 for three or four tracks even if I wanted. And I'd rather they had the Brothers In Rhythm Club Mix (or better yet, both!) but then I'd have another promo vinyl to try to sell. (Nobody wants my NME promo).

I would list the songs I wish were on there, or gripe about the ones I don't think deserve yet another release, but what's the point? Instead I'll say I hope that the Fish Out of Water remix of Get On Your Boots is the one from that Toronto video on U2.com, and that the Live U2360 mix of Crazy Tonight is worth the millions of requests it got on the Zootopia forums. But then, wouldn't it just be fitting if one or more of the new releases were taking up space just like the old ones?

I have to admit that if someone told me the only song to be featured twice would be SATS I wouldn't have believed it. :p

And Boots.

morgan1098

« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 10:50:16 AM »
If you're a U2.com member (I'm not), you can apparently hear 30-second clips of each song here:

http://www.u2.com/news/title/artificial-horizon

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 12:31:01 PM »
I'm only able to stream four of the tracks.

I notice that people are already preselling these on eBay for 50 bucks. They will probably be going for a fiver once all the scalpers start dumping their copies.  ::)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 01:49:15 PM »
erm, fine, and Boots.

I don't have membership either - irrational or not I blame them for the cease and desist letter a while back heh.