Poll

How do you prefer / would prefer navigating the discography?

Hierarchial menus by decade, release type, decade, etc (what we currently have on the site).
The alphabetical "by song" section.
Just give me search options that allow me to sort on the fields for option 1.

Author Topic: How do you prefer / would prefer navigating the discography?  (Read 8541 times)

nvh65

Re: How do you prefer / would prefer navigating the discography?
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2011, 03:11:42 PM »
Wanderer editors...

Just keep it updated and the end users will be happy. The naigation system is okay.

I agree, updating the content should be the main focus, e.g. the last entry for soundracks was 2004.

I no longer have the time I once had to update the discography.  I've taken on more responsibilities with work, am no longer single, and I spend a significant portion of time travelling.  "Just update the content" doesn't work.  That's why we're asking about changes.  We want to know what works and doesn't work for people as we build new systems to allow the content to get back on track.  Changes have to be made, and not everything that is there now may be possible going forward...

If you go down the Drupal or similar route, can you authorise some trusted parties to help with content on a limited basis - I'm sure you'd have plenty of offers.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
Re: How do you prefer / would prefer navigating the discography?
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 03:05:14 PM »
We're thinking similar route at this point - I can't think of a friendly way of having lyrics related to different albums (including different positions on different tracklists), with different releases of each album related to the main entry in Drupal.  To be able to hand out input to more people (which is something we are thinking of) the UI needs to be fairly understandable.  It could be done with some taxo terms and weighting, but it feels like it'd be pretty kludgy and I'm not going to write a module for it (plus php isn't my strong point in the web dev skillset).

If you know of some super friendly way to do that in Drupal I'd be happy to hear it. :)

So far this extension for expression engine looks like our best bet: http://pixelandtonic.com/playa