Author Topic: NEW Fan Club Remix CD  (Read 10986 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Re: NEW Fan Club Remix CD
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 07:22:37 PM »
The way it has worked the previous four years is one bonus per annual subscription.  So if you signed up earlier this year and already got 'Medium' you'd have to renew to get the new cd.

Well that's bunk. I didn't even end up using my subscription to order tickets off the site, nevermind Medium Rare & Remastered being a waste of time. Maybe I'll follow suit and just wait for it to show up cheaper on eBay.

Assuming it's any good. I hope it's not just another disc of songs I already have. But then again, if it is then I don't have to worry about ever getting it.

Remixes I'd like to see (because I don't have them or they've yet to be released): long versions of Desire (Hollywood Remix), God Part II (Hard Metal Dance Mix), and When Love Comes to Town (Live From the Kingdom Mix); Elevation (Paul Van Dyk Remix) & (Paul Van Dyk Non Vox Mix); Walk On (Hallelujah Mix); Lemon (Momo's Beats); Beautiful Day (Paul Oakenfold 2008 Mix); Mofo (Matthew Roberts Explicit Remix); the new GOYB remix; some of those other "unofficial" remixes that've been popping up on radio shows and podcasts lately, like Oakenfold's WOWY remix and that Adam White mix of Magnificent; comissioned but unreleased mixes like Redanka's Miracle Drug & All Because of You mixes and Jacknife Lee's Window In the Skies.

The odds any of those will show up? Slim to none is my bet.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 07:57:52 PM »
Thanks for the last several replies of info, especially Aaron.  It's good to know that I don't have to decide (by December) whether or not I want to renew my subscription.  And concerning this idea of buying the Remix CD on Ebay ...... my question is "Am I getting an authentic Remix CD?"  But some of you guys make it sound ok so I guess I could do it via Ebay.  I have no experience with telling authentic CDs apart from bogus CDs.  Based on everyone's input, I will go ahead and wait.  Besides, the Remix CD isn't being shipped right now anyways.  Thanks again for the feedback.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 08:57:15 PM »
The fan club CDs are so plentiful and cheap at this point that it wouldn't be worth the time/effort/money of making a realistic looking forgery.

slaneman

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 11:20:10 PM »
I've never had a problem with paying the membership fee to get their fan club releases. And I did use the presale advantage to score some great tickets for a good price.

So, I got no problems with whatever they release next time. It's like a utility bill. I just pay.  :D

falling at your feet

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2009, 10:06:44 AM »
When Melon came out in '95, it was lauded as exclusive remixes, whereas in actual fact, all but around 3 of the 9 tracks were all already released on b-sides etc.

Most people sign up for the ticket access codes, the fan club CD's are of secondary importance to the majority.

Last year a renewal costed $32, now they have increased this by 25% to $40, thats a bit much in the current climate.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
That’s interesting info about the Melon CD.  Hopefully, we will find out more info about this Remix CD.

Speaking of ticket access codes .......

Yeah ..... I first subscribed to U2.com (in January 2005) in order to get the pre-sale access code for the April 2005 Vertigo concerts in Denver.  When I used the access code to buy tickets, the system sold out of tickets within seconds.  I was so disappointed.  From then on, the bonus CDs they offered for renewing my U2.com subscription became such a treat for me.  I guess I’m in the minority.  That’s cool.  I’m ok with that.

Regardless, I'm still looking forward to the Remix CD.

morgan1098

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2009, 09:36:52 PM »
Slightly OT, and I have asked this before in the "trades" thread, but since we're talking about fan club CDs does anyone happen to have an extra copy of Zoo TV Live in Sydney that they'd be willing to part with for a reasonable price?  That one usually goes for $80 to $100 on ebay and I just can't do it...  :)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 07:16:27 PM »
At first, I checked out the resubscribe details only to be told I wasn't eligible to resubscribe. I was a little pleased with that, because it made my decision for me.

Discovered tonight that I actually got a free 2010 presale code because I never used my 2009 code. BUT I bet I don't get a cd, right? That's the part I actually want -- for financial reasons alone I'm waiting a few years before going to another show, so I couldn't care less about tickets. Especially if they haven't even confirmed more US dates.