Author Topic: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight  (Read 82385 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2009, 08:52:48 AM »
anyone have a spot to order the 12" US single from that would ship to Canada?  I was hoping amazon.com would have it but it appears not...any help welcome!  :-)

morgan1098

« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2009, 12:37:14 PM »
Has anyone found the CD single (or any format, really) in a brick-and-mortar store in the US?  My local indie store carried the Magnificent CD single, but I went searching for the Crazy Tonight single today and came up empty.  They don't even have it in their system.  Also, the Best Buy site says it's available in limited stores, but none near me.  I guess I'll have to go with amazon for this one...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #152 on: September 22, 2009, 12:56:58 PM »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #153 on: September 22, 2009, 01:00:49 PM »
My local FYE stocked the Magnificent single, but they didn't get it in until a couple of weeks after the release date.

I assume they are going to get Crazy eventually, but I would be surprised if they had it in stock today.

jw

« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2009, 11:39:59 PM »
Anybody having trouble downloading the videos from the single?  When I go to the instructed web site, it tells me that my CD is not valid.

MartinTexas

« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2009, 07:46:48 AM »
Anybody having trouble downloading the videos from the single?  When I go to the instructed web site, it tells me that my CD is not valid.
Yes. I have.  :P ;D
I tried on 2 computers and 4 CD-ROMs  :-X But I couldn't download these two. Alway said that CD is not valid.I wrote to them and they tried to help but couldn't (instead of GOYB and NLOTH which worked fine).

After all they let me to download videos directly  ::) But I tried one more to resolve the problem and open Java Console. Java recognise CD_ROM in three ways. One of it is the existing Autorun.inf file on the disk. I have this files on all hard disks for projecting icons. And Java was looking for Single on the first CD-ROM - on my computer it was C:\ drive  :P :o I deleted all this files and validation was OK. :)

It could be much simple if the could add menu for choosing drive letter (like in other artist content).  :-\

@jw If you have more than 1 CD/DVD-ROM insert the Single in first drive in respect to drive letter (If you have E, F, G - insert in E). And you could write to them:
http://www.pushentertainment.com//faqs/faq.cfm?promotion=314#support
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 07:49:00 AM by MartinTexas »

morgan1098

« Reply #156 on: September 25, 2009, 12:44:47 PM »
Found the US CD maxi at my indie record store today (they didn't have it earlier in the week).  I figured it would be in a jewel case but it's actually the same fold-out digipak as the international release... very cool.  I haven't tried to download the videos yet.

jw

« Reply #157 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:33 PM »
Yes. I have.  :P ;D
I tried on 2 computers and 4 CD-ROMs  :-X But I couldn't download these two. ....
Thanks for the response. I tried both my CD drives on my home computer without success.  I took the CD to work and it worked from there.  So I got the videos.  I haven't tried the Java edit yet, but I probably won't bother now that I have the videos.

jw

« Reply #158 on: October 01, 2009, 10:01:17 AM »
The sticker for the 6 track version with the 2 video downloads has the DVD logo on it.  Doesn't make sense since there's no DVD content.  Any idea why the DVD logo is on there?  Maybe they originally planned to make it a DVD single?

Man I miss the DVD single. 

morgan1098

« Reply #159 on: October 01, 2009, 11:39:06 AM »
Weird.  There's no DVD logo on the sticker of the US 6-track (+ 2 downloads) that I bought.  The sticker has the following logos in this order:
1) Interscope, 2) Mercury Music Group, 3) Island Records, 4) Universal, 5) "Compact Disc Digital Audio," and 6) FBI Anti-Piracy Warning.  The actual CD has the same logos minus the FBI.

MartinTexas

« Reply #160 on: October 01, 2009, 11:49:27 AM »
The sticker for the 6 track version with the 2 video downloads has the DVD logo on it.  Doesn't make sense since there's no DVD content.  Any idea why the DVD logo is on there?  Maybe they originally planned to make it a DVD single?

Man I miss the DVD single.

Yes, I noticed that also. In my opinion they shouldn't use DVD logo on non-DVD format disk.  :(  This CD Single is inconsistent with DVD format. Also this 2 videos are encoded with different codec than MPEG-2, so this logo is just misleading!!  >:(

When SACD disk cannot use CD logo, because of not effect CD-DA format rules, why thay could use DVD logo???

I think that someone who projected this cover just didn't care about media standards.  :-\
It would be better if the release really DVD Single - It could be one for all singles of NLOTH with all videos from this album.  ::)

Edit: So in US they repaired info on the sticker...  :P  Maybe FBI did something with this misleading logo! ;D