Author Topic: \"Fast Cars\"  (Read 6851 times)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
\"Fast Cars\"
« on: September 28, 2004, 03:18:03 PM »
It's an interesting title if it does pan out.  Makes me think of earlyish radiohead with their Killer Cars (great song) and Stupid Car.  I'm intrigued, I'm guessing a kind of fun throwaway song like Holy Joe (Garage Mix).

I wonder if the US will get a second disc with a b-side included again?

purplegator69

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2004, 10:36:22 PM »
The name makes me this of Tracey Chapman (eek!). Total guess, I'd agree with you. Something fun, like Holy Joe or BBAB, but not quite up to the theme of the album.

Since there's no plans announced yet for singles, I'm hoping for the extra disc. I do have a backup plan of trading some poptarts for a UK single though. Just in case.

sirensong984

• www.livejournal.com/users/sirensong984
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2004, 08:13:35 AM »
Fancy seeing YOU here, purplegator ;)

I have yet to find decent record-buying places in my new city (of Knoxville) for buying imports.  I suppose I should consider this a new opportunity to explore my city and find imports.  

Is it bad that I am so nervous about things like this?  I'm obviously U2-OCD.  I'm already having panic attacks over import singles and tickets. ;)

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2004, 06:57:39 PM »
...hi to everyone ...to me it reminds me of Gary Numan's Hit song Cars...
but until we hear it, we'll discover if The Edge was really mad because his lead singer was talking to politicians...
the title sounds like a lot of guitars and bass.

U2maxi

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 05:38:38 PM »
Sounds like a thrillride with the band in a virtual rollercoaster...

stateless

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005, 03:32:13 PM »
fast cars rules...the traditional spanish guitar is absolutely amazing...one more reason to consider edge the best guitar player of the last 10 years