Author Topic: 2-disc remaster sets in jewel cases?  (Read 3790 times)

morgan1098

2-disc remaster sets in jewel cases?
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:23:08 PM »
A couple of folks in the atU2 forum are reporting finding the 2-disc Boy and War reissue sets in jewel cases.  Has anyone heard of these?  These people don't mention whether the booklets are just the single-disc booklets or if they incorporate the info from the bookbound 2-disc sets.  Certianly all of that information couldn't fit in a standard CD booklet, could it?

http://forum.atu2.com/index.php/topic,7055.0.html

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: 2-disc remaster sets in jewel cases?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2009, 03:58:56 PM »
A friend of mine in the UK bought a double-jewel version of War from eBay. He wasn't completely certain about the authenticity, however.

jw

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 11:29:46 AM »
The one who got Boy said it got it from Amazon.  So you'd think that would be authentic unless he actually got it from one of those vendors that sell through Amazon.  Also, he was expecting to get the slipcase version, not a jewel case.

jw

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2009, 11:33:55 AM »
copied these from CollectU2 yahoo group.  Pictures originally uploaded by declan mcconville.

jw

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 11:35:57 AM »
2 more

morgan1098

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 11:58:26 AM »
Wow, I would have thought these were at least imports.  But based on those photos, it looks like they're US releases.  I wonder if Interscope is replacing the booklet versions with these once the booklet versions sell out?

Of course, it could be a fake, but it looks pretty legit to me.