Author Topic: Magnificent Remixes Promo CD  (Read 34675 times)

George

Re: Magnificent Remixes Promo CD
« Reply #75 on: June 18, 2009, 11:47:14 PM »
Hi,
Long-time U2 forum poster, but first time poster here.

I'm in Canada.  I still haven't got the Magnificent CDs from Europe yet.  I'm trying to find a good deal to get both discs (and not the 2-track slipcase).  Did anyone find a good, low-cost online store to order from?

Thanks.

LABRUTE

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 05:47:50 AM »
I'm in Canada also and looking to buy online but can't find them anywhere. I can only find the 10 track CD and that's it. Very annoying. And it's too expensive on Ebay still... maybe with time..

LABRUTE

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 11:20:08 PM »
for those of you who are still looking for the "regular singles", this fellow in the Netherlands has a few copies left of each:

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/grooves-inc__W0QQ_armrsZ1

for me, from Canada, this was cheaper than getting them from Amazon.com in the US... go figure.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2009, 05:20:38 PM »
Not really.  Getting them from Amazon.com means you're paying double shipping in a way.  Amazon has to import them from Europe, which drives up the cost, then to send them out to Canada you again pay shipping.

George

« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2015, 09:42:14 AM »
For those keeping track: it seems that the Fred Falke Radio Edit (found on the Danish 7-track promo CD) and the Fred Falke Radio Mix (part of the Masterbeat.com download single) are the same.  While the Edit is 4:04 and the Mix is 3:59, after comparing them in Adobe Audition it is clear to me that they are identical, minus the Edit having an additional 1 second of lead-in time and 4 seconds more muted lead-out time. For me, it's always nice to know that the best available version of a track is CD-quality.

Unrelated, but of great historical significance, is my first forum post just three posts above, exactly 100 posts ago.

MartinTexas

« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2015, 12:02:58 PM »
For those keeping track: it seems that the Fred Falke Radio Edit (found on the Danish 7-track promo CD) and the Fred Falke Radio Mix (part of the Masterbeat.com download single) are the same.  While the Edit is 4:04 and the Mix is 3:59, after comparing them in Adobe Audition it is clear to me that they are identical, minus the Edit having an additional 1 second of lead-in time and 4 seconds more muted lead-out time. For me, it's always nice to know that the best available version of a track is CD-quality.
For me too. Nice to know that there's no another mix to find  ;D Is this the same version, as on Artificial Horizon?

Unrelated, but of great historical significance, is my first forum post just three posts above, exactly 100 posts ago.
Congratulations!  8)

George

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2015, 02:27:42 PM »
Is this the same version, as on Artificial Horizon?

I don't know how I missed that.  It probably is.  I'm away from my music for a couple of weeks, so I can't answer this until then.

MartinTexas

« Reply #82 on: June 28, 2015, 05:38:13 PM »
But as I know there's still no any CD that containd Magnificent (UK Edit). Is this the only Remix/Edit studio version that is missed on CD?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #83 on: June 28, 2015, 06:45:49 PM »
But as I know there's still no any CD that containd Magnificent (UK Edit). Is this the only Remix/Edit studio version that is missed on CD?

It was available on some European FLAC stores if you are looking for an uncompressed version (Qobuz being one).

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #84 on: June 29, 2015, 08:49:54 AM »
If you are talking about "Magnificent (U.K Edit)"... U.K silver pressed promotional issues and CD single have this version.