Author Topic: Magnificent Remixes Promo CD  (Read 35113 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Magnificent Remixes Promo CD
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 05:01:11 PM »
I emailed Chris at The Ideal Copy to see if his distributor has any info.  I'll let you know if a turn up anything.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2009, 03:44:53 AM »
Here's Chris's response:

I checked with an alternate supplier and their data must have just come up tonight. it IS coming out. no details yet except the EP will cost around $8 and their title is "Magnificent Remixes" and i suspect it's the four remixes listed on the u2 site.

I just splurged 100 bucks on one of those promos myself, but a U2 EP released in the states makes up for it.  ;D

« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 03:46:34 AM by Brad »

God, Part II

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2009, 09:02:30 AM »
As long as EP does not contain everything that's on the $100 promo, I won't have to spread my arms wide and scream to the heavens, "Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!"

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2009, 05:32:55 PM »
Being unable to afford anything over $20 has actually paid off for once! w00t!

And w00t also for a US cd-single!

slaneman

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2009, 06:18:53 PM »
Here's some more good news!!

Rumor is rampant that 1 out of every 10 Happy Meals served at the McDonalds in Tierra del Fuego will come freshly wrapped in non-drip cellophane inside a special U2 vinyl singles collector's cardboard clam shell case. Once the burger is eaten there's room for the four 7 inch singles. I'm hoping for confirmation on this from my friends in Argentina.

This should be a rarity because of the picture of Ronald McDonald holding a coctatoo on the top.

This is supposed to happen on June 16, around 9:05. AM or PM is still up in the air.

For those who might not make it, the sandwich (sans case) may be downloaded later on the Aku-Aku iTunes (if you have a Lithuanian Mastercard).

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2009, 03:10:32 AM »
Amazon has posted a listing for the download EP, with the following tracklisting:

1. Magnificent (Dave Aude' Club Remix)
2. Magnificent (Fred Falke Full Club Mix)
3. Magnificent (Adam K and Soha Club Mix)
4. Magnificent (Wonderland Remix)
5. Magnificent (Redanka's 360 Version)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0029RWYGK/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1242547274&sr=8-12

As long as the CD version sticks to this same tracklist, I won't need to kick myself for buying the promo.  ;D

corey321

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2009, 11:04:32 AM »
Can anybody confirm if the real promo is a silver cd or a printed cdr? Got one of them off Ebay, there is somebody that has sold a number of them for $99.99. Got a e-mail from somebody who got one and said they are sure it is fake. Cover art is a semi rigid white card printed on one side, looks almost like the letters are raised from the card. Tray card is the same, there are "perforations" where the tray card folds into the 2 corners. The printing on the cd looks like that light scribe printing I think. Not really bold printing.

So what do you think?

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 11:47:42 AM »
I'm buy the same (Maybe from the same guy "oneofakind jewelry") on eBay.

I receive this mail this morning by another guy:

<< EVERYONE--Please READ:

This seller is a FRAUD.  I received my CD today, and it was a CD-R COPY of the REAL CD.  This CD is supposed to be a SILVER BOTTOM official CD.  You will notice too, that the graphics copied onto the CD are "blurred" by the seller, further indicating that this is a FAKE.

I have reported this to Ebay and Paypal, since this seller is using 2 Ebay IDs to sell these COPIES.  I urge you all to do the same, to protect your money and not get ripped off.

Regards,

SC>>

After i contact "oneofakind jewelry" by mail... and he send me this.

<<HI
This seller is wrong. It is NOT a CD-r. They ARE promotional cds, I know this for a fact.
If you are not happy when the Cd arrives you can return it and i will refund your money.
Sorry for all the troublw this transaction is causing you.
Thanks
Esther>>

Trevor

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 12:00:22 PM »
...so this promo is definitely a fake? I asked to different sellers to send me closeup of the matrix area but nobody send it...

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »
We Don't Know... when I receive Mine I give you all information as possible

God, Part II

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2009, 01:14:43 PM »
Well, I bought mine from "Esther", too, so looks like we're all in the same nail-biting boat...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »
I received mine yesterday, also from "Esther," though under a different eBay account.  Mine is a CD-R as well.  The fact that the seller is using multiple accounts is in itself highly suspicious.

I've ordered a second copy from a seller that I know to be reputable, so we shall see what I get.

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2009, 02:21:34 PM »
Esther is my seller too...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2009, 03:26:23 PM »
All,

I do not know that we should be panicking by what yseilys friend says in his email.

I have in my collection a copy of the one-track Magnificent promo from Interscope. I bought it from a reputable dealer with whom I have traded for years.

This promo is also a green CD-R and appears to be of the exact same brand as the Remixes promo. There is a custom-printed sticker on both CDs with some amount of dithering (not blurring) of the text and graphics that is about the same on both examples.

Similarly, the card stock and printing for the tray card and insert appear to be the same.

"Esther" is incorrect in saying that these are not CD-R as they clearly are, but that does not necessarily mean that it is a fake. Interscope has been issuing promos on CD-R at least as far back as Electrical Storm and I have several in my collection.

As I said, it is suspicious that "Esther" is trading under multiple eBay accounts, and I can't say for sure that these CDs are legit, but the quality of this promo appears to be the same as other CD-R promos I have from Interscope.

If anyone in fact knows of the existence of silver CD copies of this promo, then I would be much more suspicious.

Brad

God, Part II

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2009, 04:24:38 PM »
But, bottom line, we all just paid $100 or more for something with far less inherent life span than a true factory-pressed CD...  :(