Author Topic: Magnificent Remixes Promo CD  (Read 34537 times)

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
Magnificent Remixes Promo CD
« on: May 09, 2009, 02:48:01 PM »
There's a US 10-track Promo CD with Magnificent remixes out there.

INTR-12601-2

Edit 4:21
Dave Audé Club Remix 7:34
Dave Audé Club Dub Remix 7:47
Fred Falke Full Club Mix 7:20
Adam K and Soha Club Mix 6:15
Adam K and Soha Dub Mix 6:15
Wonderland Remix 9:55
Wonderland Dub Remix 6:52
Redanka's 360 Version 7:23
Redanka's 180 Version 8:19

slaneman

Re: Magnificent Remixes Promo CD
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 08:42:18 PM »
Thanks for the heads up on that. I see it now. Another Redanka and there's the second Wonderland. There has to be a few more coming. This one is going to be expensive. I'm not going to pay that much for a cockatoo, would you?

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 09:06:47 PM »
New Adam K as well.

I guess it depends how many turn out to be circulating, but at least that first one will likely be too rich for my blood.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 09:09:39 PM by Brad »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:55:20 PM »
Well, that 10 track is already over $150.  Already out of the range of what I would pay.

More of these remix CDs are showing up on eBay with different tracklistings and the legitimacy of them seems questionable at best.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2009, 10:33:29 PM »
That one's definitely bootleg. But there are increasingly more 10-track promos showing up on eBay. I'd imagine the average price will drop to something reasonable in a few weeks.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 07:23:42 PM »

slaneman

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 09:12:13 PM »
Why aren't those other 3 mixes streaming on some site? Why hasn't U2.com provided a clue about what's happening. Very curious.

I don't remember such a shambles of releases from any band like what's happened with NLOTH, the videos, and the singles.

It's all quite second rate. For a 1st rate album.

God, Part II

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 09:20:51 PM »
Agreed 110%, slaneman.  I'd expect far more intelligent decisions from a band that's been around as long as this one.

Well, dim-witted business decisions aside, my heart will always belong to this band, so I just jumped without a parachute and purchased a new copy of this 10-track promo from eBay for $98.99 + $3 shipping.  If someone doesn't report back first, I'll let you know the juicy details of this disc when it arrives.  It damn well better not be some crock-'o'-shit CD-R or I'll be livid...

Crayon

• Remaste(RED)
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 09:48:38 PM »
Agreed.

I gave in and purchased this together with another rare promo CD from a reputable dealer for a small three digit figure including shipping. I'll also be able to post further details in a couple of days unless someone beats me to it. As God, Part II said, it'd better not be a CD-R.

slaneman

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 09:59:36 PM »
Good luck! Hope it's 1411 kbs  ;)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2009, 10:33:46 AM »
I sprang for one too.  Supposedly NOT a CD-R, but we shall see I guess.  ;D

God, Part II

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 09:35:51 AM »
Hmm...tried to pay for the CD today that I won on Wednesday (had to wait for my paycheck) and all traces of the item listing are suddenly gone.  I'm trying to work it out as a private sale with the seller now (she says there was some kind of problem with her listings, so they were all erased by eBay)...fingers crossed...

morgan1098

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 10:56:06 AM »
Just saw this over at MusicTap.net:

Watch for Magnificent, a Digital EP coming from U2 and scheduled for May 19. Physical product arrives on June 9 from Interscope Records as a Maxi CD.

MusicTap only lists release information for US CDs, which leads me to believe that there might actually be a CD single release here in the US!  If so, that would be the first time since the Pop era that U2 has done this.  Plus, MusicTap notes that it is on Interscope records (which wouldn't apply if this was an EU release) and also refers to it as a "maxi CD," which is a term that is typically reserved for the US market.  If this really does happen, I wonder if it will have all 10 remixes as found on the promo, or maybe the live b-sides, or...?

God, Part II

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 12:06:16 PM »
My suspicion is that it is the same as the 3-track EU single or, at best, a combination of the 3-track with the 2-track.  I'd be willing to bet big money that the promo remixes won't be there; considering that I spent $100 to get them on eBay (yeah, I got that situation worked out--the seller just had to relist the item), I'll actually be rather PO'd, if they are...

morgan1098

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 12:38:43 PM »
Yeah, back in the day, U2 CD singles for the US market would combine tracks from both versions of the international CD singles (the US "Stay" CD combined tracks from the international "Swing Format" and "Live Format" CDs; the US "Please" single had the single mix from the international "Please" single plus the live tracks from the "Popheart Live EP," etc.)

Still, regardless of what tracks are on it, the very thought that U2 might be releasing a CD single for the US market in 2009 is HUGE!   :o

I'll be very surprised... albeit pleasantly surprised... if this actually happens.  I sent an e-mail to MusicTap for further info/clarification.  We'll see.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 12:41:45 PM by morgan1098 »