Author Topic: U2 Medium Rare and Remastered  (Read 6480 times)

slaneman

U2 Medium Rare and Remastered
« on: March 29, 2009, 05:16:02 PM »
"As part of your subscription to U2.com we're mailing you a copy of the limited-edition double CD
'U2 Medium Rare and Remastered'.
The CD is now in production and we expect shipping to our paid subscribers to begin in the second week of April. CD's will be shipped in order of subscription date, those who have been subscribers longest being mailed first. Please allow 4-7 days for shipping within the U.S., 5-10 days for U.K. and 7-15 days elsewhere in the world."

God, Part II

Re: U2 Medium Rare and Remastered
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 07:33:01 AM »
Yeah, I got the same email--thing is, I've been waiting for the last three weeks to receive this, since that's when I became a subscriber.  Nothing in my initial subscription email said anything about the fact that they wouldn't be even pressing these things until April.  Color me unimpressed; no biggie in the grand scheme, though, since I just went a little crazy a few days ago and bought a slew of Pearl Jam and Radiohead CDs that were missing from my collections...I'll have plenty of things to listen to while waiting for RARE, MEDIUM AND REMASTERED...

slaneman

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:57:01 PM »
That's a good thing!  Keep the economy going!!!  :D

recordroomx

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:23:41 PM »
Why are these going for so little on ebay right now?

slaneman

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 08:07:50 PM »
400,000 members and a bad economy?

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 12:51:25 AM »
Ooh ooh! How about because they're all tracks people could've bought already?

slaneman

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 10:42:30 AM »
Well disc 1 is very cool to have in CD quality. These are all great tracks. I'm blasting them now on my system at home. Better sound quality than what I had before. Its like a new album listening to them this way in this order.

And all kidding aside, paying 32 bucks to re-up at U2.com got me 1st crack at some great tickets at a reasonable price. Well worth it even without the CDs.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 12:35:30 PM »
There are probably a number of ticket scalpers who bought a membership just to get access to the presales.  Dumping the CDs on eBay is their way of recovering the membership fee, or at least part of it.

I got the CDs on Friday and I have yet to listen to them.  Partly because I've been busy and partly because there is nothing new.  I wish they would put out something truly original for once.  I'd rather have a couple of unreleased b-sides than 2 discs full of tracks I already have or a concert I already have on DVD.

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 11:57:24 PM »
There are probably a number of ticket scalpers who bought a membership just to get access to the presales.  Dumping the CDs on eBay is their way of recovering the membership fee, or at least part of it.

Man, I wish I'd thought of that...