Author Topic: Miracle Drug Redanka Remixes  (Read 13518 times)

Z000

• And I have no reasons, no reasons to get back
Miracle Drug Redanka Remixes
« on: February 08, 2009, 12:54:52 AM »
Okay, so I've seen torrents that include a 2006 release "Miracle Drug [Remixes]," containing two tracks: "Miracle Drug (Redanka Miracle Mix)" and "Miracle Drug (Redanka Miracle Dub)." I have no idea where these came from, but they sound like legit mixes. The track separation is either from original multi-track recordings or masterfully isolated and masked. My biggest reason for believing these mixes are official is that they use an alternate vocal track of the line "God I need your help tonight." Then again, it could be from some live recording I haven't heard. The guitar solo after it in the Miracle Mix is also three times as long as the album version.

Just now I found a thread on U2start.com (http://www.u2start.com/topic/2106/) that says it was a promo CD. So is the U2start guy lying? Is the promo he got fake? Perhaps I should be asking him questions, instead of you guys.

Attached is the artwork that both the U2start download and the torrent include. Could easily be fake.

Weigh in.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Miracle Drug Redanka Remixes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 04:20:28 AM »
I've got "Redanka's Miracle Dub" in my iTunes library along with a couple of unreleased remixes he did of "All Because Of You."  According to iTunes they were added in December 2006.

I've never heard of this promo CD.  The way I remember it was that Redanka leaked them online himself after U2 chose not to use them.

So I think they were officially commissioned but never released.

Z000

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 05:31:52 AM »
Oooo, do tell me more about these All Because of You mixes.

One source I found says his Vertigo remix wasn't originally official, but then when it became a success U2 let him pick two more from the album, so he picked Miracle Drug and All Because of You. No mention of how they were released, only that he was waiting on U2 to give their approval but they were busy on tour. This news was last updated in 2006, no date given.

I'd like to know if Redanka has some specific online source to spread his free music from, or if I just have to pick it up wherever I can find it.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 02:08:31 PM »
I want to say that they were leaked through a U2 fan forum, either Zootopia or Interference, but I don't really recall how I came across the MP3s.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 06:08:50 PM »
The "album" name in my iTunes is: "Redanka: Mixed Remixed And Unreleased" for what that is worth.  It was my understanding as well that these were either unreleased or white label vinyl etc.

Z000

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 03:22:26 AM »
So how many legit Redanka remixes are there? Obviously the Vertigo one from the Sometimes singles. The alleged Miracle Drug promo cd has two tracks, "Redanka Miracle Mix" and "Redanka Miracle Dub."

What are the All Because of You mixes? Assorted fruitlegs/etc. provide me with two different lengths of "Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix."

There's also a third Miracle Drug one called "Redanka Clean Remix," and one "All Because of You + Vertigo" that sounds like any two-bit editor just downloaded both Redanka mixes and tacked one onto the end of the other.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 11:00:30 PM »
Vertigo, The two Miracle Drug remixes, and the two All Because of You mixes are the only ones I know of.

u2expert

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 09:41:39 PM »
I want to say that they were leaked through a U2 fan forum, either Zootopia or Interference, but I don't really recall how I came across the MP3s.

If it helps I got - All Because Of You (Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Edit), All Because Of You (Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Full Length) and Miracle Drug (Redanka's Miracle Dub) from u2log.com on December 24th 2006 as part of their annual ‘Christmas goodies’.

Album Title - All Because Of You (CD-R Promo) [UK, CD-R (3125M911 15320 21)]

Scarlet

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 11:07:42 PM »

If it helps I got - All Because Of You (Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Edit), All Because Of You (Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Full Length) and Miracle Drug (Redanka's Miracle Dub) from u2log.com on December 24th 2006 as part of their annual ‘Christmas goodies’.

Album Title - All Because Of You (CD-R Promo) [UK, CD-R (3125M911 15320 21)]

yup, the ABOY mixes were shared by crayon , the MD remix is not on that promo CDR

yseilys (dead)

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 11:05:59 AM »
Hi

I'm the guy who post the link in U2start.

So the Redanka mixes are Official, and I buy it from my Disc Seller

He found it in USA... with no Artwork (I Made the Cover for friends) in Promotional CD but never used...

I Hope this information can help you

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 06:10:12 PM »
Thanks yseilys,

If you could post a scan of the CD perhaps we could get it into the discography?

Scarlet

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 08:45:17 AM »
The 96kbps version is obviously not from a CD, it was grabbed from a stream and was originally titled :  Miracle Drug (Redankas Zootopian Vocal Remix)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 01:34:59 PM »
...it was grabbed from a stream and was originally titled :  Miracle Drug (Redankas Zootopian Vocal Remix...

Presumably from Redanka's Myspace page, yes?

Scarlet

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 02:37:59 PM »
Yes, the only Redanka mixes I know of on acetate promo cd's are :

Vertigo (Redanka Power Unreleased Edit)
Vertigo (Redanka Power Unreleased Mix)

All Because Of You (Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Edit)
All Because Of You (Redanka's Indian Summer Vocal Mix Full Length)

and there was a Megamix but I don't remember where I got it, runtime 13:16
(All Because Of You / Vertigo)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 02:40:47 PM by Scarlet »

Z000

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 12:31:41 AM »
Is there much (read: any) difference between Redanka's Vertigo Power Mix and Vertigo Unreleased Mix?