Author Topic: Name of this forum  (Read 8940 times)

rivergoat

• Parser
Name of this forum
« on: July 05, 2004, 08:49:32 PM »
Well, I've been meaning to say this for a while, and this section looked lonely, so...

It took me a few days to get the pun in this board's name! You have a certain wry wit that I can appreciate. I feel like I am "running to stand still" trying to figure out these daggum lyrics!

}:)~

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 02:26:28 PM »
The real meaning has to do with the quote from the song... it is a place to talk without actually speaking, etc.  Non-verbal communication.

I have to agree about the transcription stuff seeming to fit the song title though!  Heh, the board isn't just a lyrics playpace though, hopefully once it goes public it'll get some varied posts.  I do like to think I have a good dry wit though. :)

Kevin

• ZOO Station Radio
Name of this forum
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 06:43:53 PM »
Hello all,

Very nice addition to the site!! I look forward to also lurking around here. =)

Cheers,
Kevin

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 07:59:59 PM »
Glad you like it, it still needs a little bit of tweaking but I really like how it fits into the "feel" of the site.  I've always preferred message boards to mailing lists... it is easier to follow threads of conversation, plus there is the option to edit/delete if you goof something up. :)

While I'm hoping this won't be something that turns into a headache to moderate (it shouldn't as it is pretty focused on the site) it should be fun getting feedback and being able to work off of it easier, especially for lyrics transcriptions.  I'm not sure how much fun it'll be to lurk, so if you have something you think worth saying feel free to join in.

Roland of Gilead

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 09:27:07 PM »
Just wanted to say "hi." I check the site often and I love the new format.

Kevin

• ZOO Station Radio
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 04:41:19 PM »
Two years later, and I still like lurking around this place. lol