Author Topic: versiones acusticas promo cd  (Read 3428 times)

Trevor

versiones acusticas promo cd
« on: October 19, 2008, 09:22:01 AM »
hi, I have 2 questions about this item:
1. which are the running time of the tracks?
2. are these ones the same of the dvd with vertigo that have the old style sound(/picture) or it's a clean version?

thanks ;-)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: versiones acusticas promo cd
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 08:03:06 PM »
I don't have the track times at my fingertips, but I'll see if I can pull the CD out.

This is definitely ripped from the HTDAAB bonus DVD, and the sound quality is atrocious.  As you probably know, DVD audio is 48 kHz and CD audio is 44.1 kHz.  Whatever software they used to convert the audio from the DVD had a crappy conversion algorithm, because the sound is characteristically tinny.  (I got similar results burning some 48 kHz MP3s using Windows Media Player once.)

If you're looking for this CD as a collector's item, I think it's fairly scarce but obtainable.  If you just want to listen to these two tracks, you're much better off ripping the DVD yourself.

Trevor

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
ok, thanks, I had the chance to buy it in the past but I thought it was a bootleg... I think I only rip it from dvd, I downsampled many audio tracks from dvd/dat without problem conversion, now I use adobe audition 3 and using the highest resolution setting (999) there is any significant difference with the original audio track...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 06:19:50 AM by Trevor »

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 02:01:29 PM »
FWIW, The track times are 4:44 for SYCMIOYO and 2:55 for Vertibanjo.  AFAIK, this is a legit promo, just poorly executed.