Author Topic: The Saints are Coming (Real Rhapsody Rehearsal Download?)  (Read 4270 times)

u2expert

The Saints are Coming (Real Rhapsody Rehearsal Download?)
« on: February 29, 2008, 09:49:04 PM »
I recall reading somewhere that the original download of 'The Saints are Coming' from Real Rhapsody was the rehearsal from September 24th, then after the televised performance it was replaced? Does anyone recall this?

I never got a chance to purchase/download it from Real Rhapsody as it was only available via the United States. I have the CD single and televised performance just wondering if anyone has the rehearsal?

Cheers,
u2expert
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 06:30:19 PM by u2expert »

germcevoy

Re: The Saints are Coming (Real Rhapsody Rehearsal Download?)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 04:00:11 PM »
Hey there. I have the soundcheck version. It's only 64kbp/s though and comes in at 1.7MB so the quality isn't exactly awesome but it's something. My e-mail is germcevoy@hotmail.com  ;)

u2expert

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2008, 09:21:21 PM »
Mystery solved @ u2wanderer.org no less! www.u2wanderer.org/disco/dalb018.html

Prior to that performance, Rhapsody posted a version of "The Saints are Coming" which appears to be a live recording of the song with crowd noise and all.  Shortly after the performance was complete, the actual live version of the song as recorded from the performance that night replaced the other version once it was mixed and ready to go.  It is believed that the version initially for download was taped during the rehersals for the show.  This version is no longer commercially available.  Only the actual live version can be purchased at this time.

slaneman

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 09:29:03 PM »
We had some discussion about that when it appeared...

http://www.u2wanderer.org/rtss/index.php?topic=361.0