Author Topic: Rattle and Hum release in HD  (Read 12827 times)

Scarlet

(No subject)
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2006, 01:32:29 AM »
Originally posted by slaneman
Here's an interesting "tweaky' review of the Blu-ray version.

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/u2rattleandhum.html

After watching the HD-DVD with slaneman , I was impressed , not quite ready to drop the money on an HD-DVD player ... but Blu-Ray may be an option , as I am interested in the PS3

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2006, 07:56:27 AM »
The Sony rep told me Dec 4th is the latest release date for their Blu-ray player in the US. Let's see if they make this deadline.

SONY= Soon Only Not Yet...:)

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:05 AM »
For the last couple months no one has asked about HD DVD players-only Blu-ray.
Seems that despite Sony's inability to ship the originally promised 6 million PS3s most people expect this format to win. Now we've heard about an LG player that can play both formats.

I finally just bought the Blu-ray R & H just to have another cool demo for our theatre room. I have to agree with most of that review. Neither disc has any improvements in the rear channels. The overall sound between the 2 formats is just slightly different. Comparing them is a lame excuse to indulge oneself in these wonderfully filmed performances.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Re: Rattle and Hum release in HD
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2008, 04:33:37 PM »
With the news that Warner is dumping HD-DVD, it looks like this format war is winding down.  Several media outlets are already declaring Blu-ray the winner.

Rattle and Hum on Blu-ray is now out-of-print (Paramount signed an exclusive deal with the HD-DVD camp last year), so I decided to order a copy while Amazon still has them in stock.

I don't even have a Blu-ray player yet.  I plan on buying one late next year once the Blu-ray 2.0 spec is finalized.