Author Topic: Is U2's Manager Sane?  (Read 3987 times)

Rolandd

Is U2's Manager Sane?
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:49:40 AM »
The manager of U2 is calling a person who downloads music a thief. Is he insane?
Paying $40 for a regular T-shirt at a concert is not stealing?
As U2's manager, the man has to be making so much money but accuses others at stealing. Greed must instinctively run in the blood of music managers. Am I the only one who takes these kind of remarks personally?
I found a poll asking our opinion on this matter. You can say whether he is right or wrong. Make your opinion count at http://www.pollsb.com/polls/poll/5966/u2-manager-paul-mcguinness-silicon-valley-companies-makers-of-burglary-kits
Maybe so many people will be outraged as I am and we will get something free for once for being devoted fans. 

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
Re: Is U2's Manager Sane?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 08:29:45 PM »
 :P ha ha
 Let me tell you this: I've been buying records, cassettes, cds, VHS & DVDs of U2 since I was in puberty, I'm almost 40 by now.

In my 20's I used to spend about $20 USD each friday on a beer-friends night out...how on earth you young people can't ACTUALLY afford to pay 15 USD for a CD? (of any artists)
Man, another thing, this excellent site takes Pride on SHOW PICTURES and information of THE MEDIA AVAILABLE of U2 music: did you notice That?

Fans like Me or the guys who put together sites like this or @U2, Or U2tours or you name it, like to HAVE the actual item that has the music of U2 or any artist, to listen the music, look at the Album's art, the people involved in the making of the album...Jesus!! Take a look at the Digipak release of The Joshua Tree Remaster!!
How on earth do you prefer to hear 'Streets' mp3 on a crappy headphones set in your computer, via winamp, insted of blowin' the speakers out of any decent stereo sound system???

C'mon!!!
Start buying music on any format or leave it...My Love for U2's songs goes beyond a mp3 free file.

miryclay

Re: Is U2's Manager Sane?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 12:57:05 PM »
I suppose he is using his clout to get people to think about who is profiting from this new business model. Moreover, stirring up a pot. Its almost like he is going out with a bang! A tell-all memoir. 

The sad thing about downloading is that it deters younger start-up type artists from creating great music. IMO, in regards to the U2's, Celine's and Bon Jovi's DL away....