Author Topic: Edge\'s Playlist  (Read 4762 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Edge\'s Playlist
« on: July 25, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »
There's been a real dry spell as far as new U2 music for the last few months, and I've been looking for some different tunes to listen to.  I was particulary compelled by the August issue of Uncut, whose "My Life in Music" column features none other that The Edge...

I decided to put together a playlist featuring songs from the records that Edge cites in the article; essentially songs that were key in his musical development.  A lot of the records that he mentions are albums, so I have gone through and selected either title tracks or "hit" singles from the albums and compiled them into a playlist:

1.  Slade - Cum On Feel The Noize
2.  Alice Cooper - School's Out
3.  T. Rex - Hot Love
4.  The Beatles - A Hard Day's Night
5.  Taste - Blister on the Moon
6.  The Clash - London Calling
7.  Patti Smith - Gloria
8.  Iggy Pop - Nightclubbing
9.  Secret Machines - Nowhere Again
10. Bob Marley - Could You Be Loved
11. The Velvet Underground - Beginning to See the Light

It's actually a pretty good listen, so I thought I would share it here via an iTunes Playlist.  Every track that I selected has been remastered, so I included the remastered versions rather than the album versions.

Slade does not appear in the US iTunes store.  It is available either in the UK iTunes Store or at 7digital.com.

And as I'm sure everyone knows, The Beatles are still not available for download anywhere, but the remastered version of "A Hard Day's Night" is available on the "1" album.

[Edited on 2007-7-27 by Brad]

sagunt

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 06:18:57 AM »
Having listened to the interviews wherein Edge mentions his influential songs, I thought of doing the same, but here we go.

Cheers,

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2007, 07:20:00 PM »
::: Except the songs by Taste & Velvet Underground, I've heard all the songs.

the Secret Machines Song it's a 9 minutes masterpiece???

If so, I hated their guts when they played it as the opening act band in the Vertigo shows I went In Mexico City...it seems like it last forever...