Author Topic: No  (Read 4336 times)

Lancelot

No
« on: January 22, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »
I was very surprise to discover a studio version of this song played by The Corrs & Bono on the last compilation of The Corrs (Dreams - The ultimate).

I only know the Live version that we can find on the "VH1 presents The Corrs Live in Dublin". When we read the "Discography" part of your site, it seems that the single version has been the same that the album version.

So : is it really an unreleased track or not ?
That's my question.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 05:19:39 PM »
Seems to be just a remix of the live version.

Lancelot

No
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »
I can say that the version is too much different, espacially the final part of the track (even the mood), to be just a remix of the live version.

The problem is that the track is not underlined as an "unreleased track" on the booklet. So I ask myself if this version is not the single one ("promotional copy" for radio)  mentioned on this site and if there's an error on your commentary.

Just a little contribution in order to improve this beautiful website.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 10:16:20 AM »
There was an MP3 of "When The Stars Go Blue" posted on MP3.com back when "Live in Dublin" was first released.  That version was identical to the live version except that the intro and outro were faded.  I think I have the MP3 somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.  At any rate, I assume that this MP3 is the same version from the promo.

Also, the promo track is listed as being 4:20 in length, which is the same length as the "Live in Dublin" version.

Finally, there are production credits for the "Dreams" version that include remixing and additional production that do not appear on the promo production credits.

So, no, I don't believe the version from "Dreams" is the same version that's on the promo.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 01:48:30 PM »
The promo that came out is the same version as the Live in Dublin track.  I have both here.  So I can confirm that they are indeed the same.  There might be a bit of fading on the promo but otherwise identical.

The version on "Dreams" is a remix of the song recorded for that performance, maybe with some rehersal bits mixed in?  The majority of the vocals are the same...

morgan1098

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 09:13:40 AM »
Here's what I think happened... for the version of "When the Stars Go Blue" on the new Corrs collection, the Corrs and/or their remixers/producers created a new studio backing track for the song.  They then lifted Bono's vocals from the original live recording and married them to the studio track.  It's just a cut-and-paste job since they probably couldn't get Bono to come in and re-sing the song in a studio setting.

Just my theory.  In any case, with the exception of Bono's re-used vocals, this certainly counts as a new version of the song.