Author Topic: U2 By U2  (Read 5131 times)

slaneman

U2 By U2
« on: October 04, 2006, 09:23:28 PM »
Amazing book. The photos are overwhelming. They really opened the vaults.

Wanna see the receipt for Edge's first Gibson Explorer? Learn about  The Fool, Street Missions, and a lot of demo stuff, right from the bands memories? A couple scribbled setlists...get out your magnifying glass and roll back to garage band days. This book is killer. Soooo much information, some of course, hilarious.

For anybody interested in U2 history, here it is, in one book. What a beautiful edition. This isn't Bono rambling in an interview. Every band member opened their personal vaults.

This strikes me like a new album release. A five pound coffee table tome for U2 scholars. I can barely read it cause every page has some many priceless photos I get distracted.

I'm lugging this on the metro to find time to read it. They sure don't need the money. This is a gift to the fans. Thanks for giving us a great book.

Scarlet

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 11:21:33 AM »
Originally posted by slaneman
Amazing book. The photos are overwhelming. They really opened the vaults.

Wanna see the receipt for Edge's first Gibson Explorer? Learn about  The Fool, Street Missions, and a lot of demo stuff, right from the bands memories? A couple scribbled setlists...get out your magnifying glass and roll back to garage band days. This book is killer. Soooo much information, some of course, hilarious.

For anybody interested in U2 history, here it is, in one book. What a beautiful edition. This isn't Bono rambling in an interview. Every band member opened their personal vaults.

This strikes me like a new album release. A five pound coffee table tome for U2 scholars. I can barely read it cause every page has some many priceless photos I get distracted.

I'm lugging this on the metro to find time to read it. They sure don't need the money. This is a gift to the fans. Thanks for giving us a great book.

I'm really impressed with the quality of this book , and the amount of time that was spent on it. I have skimmed through it and it has some amazing pictures. I'm waiting until U218 is released to start reading it.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 05:39:55 PM »
:::SAtisfied, but It would have been nice to have their signatures too!

U2discotheque

• http://www.u2discotheque.com
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 06:06:29 AM »
Great book, although a bit subjective, being actually written by the band...but very interesting though