Author Topic: Wishlist for official ZooTV DVD?  (Read 6043 times)

u2rob

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/thephillyfly/sets/
Wishlist for official ZooTV DVD?
« on: June 20, 2006, 11:07:09 AM »
Okay, so you're Dreamchaser, or Solo Too, or whoever has been spearheading this ZooTV DVD project all along.  Besides the concert itself, what extras would you put on there?  What does the public want to see?  What would make people shell out the extra money for a deluxe version?

What do you think we'll see come September?

I'm trying to think of extras that would make sense on there, and the only thing I can come up with is the Stop Sellafield documentary and a few songs from the SS concert.  Knowing U2 incorporated and the decisions they've made in the past, we'll probably see a ZooTV "flashing words" screensaver, "exclusive" internet content, the Trabantland special, and some/all of the Achtung Baby/Interference video.  Or maybe some/all of the ZooTV special that was on FOX in America (Philips DCC presents ZooTV).

What would I *like* to see?  The making of the Numb video!  The making of the Lemon video!  Pro-shot footage from other shows - they have a lot to work with that's already mixed and doesn't need any extra production:
- 18 April 92 - UTEOTW (taped for the Freddie Mercury tribute)
- 11 June 92 - Bjorn and Benny from ABBA coming out to do Dancing Queen in Stockholm
- 9 September 92 - EBTTRT with Garth from Wayne's World for the MTV VMAs
- 30 June 93 - Larry singing Dirty old Town in Basel

One thing that I think would move units off the shelves would be to include the music video for "I've Got You Under My Skin" (shot in '93).  A great song, a great duet, and as far as I'm aware it was never released on anything official.  You'd probably get some interest from the Sinatra fans/collectors, too.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 08:37:06 AM »
Official tracklist just released on U2.com

Disc One:

Show Opening
Zoo Station
The Fly
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Mysterious Ways
One
Unchained Melody
Until The End Of The World
New Year’s Day
Numb
Angel Of Harlem
Stay (Faraway, So Close!)
Satellite Of Love
Dirty Day
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Where The Streets Have No Name
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Daddy’s Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
Lemon
With Or Without You
Love Is Blindness
Can’t Help Falling In Love

Disc Two:

Bonus Tracks
Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around the World (Yankee Stadium, New York, 1992)
Desire (Yankee Stadium, New York, 1992)
The Fly (Stop Sellafield Concert, Manchester, 1992)
Even Better than the Real Thing (Stop Sellafield Concert, Manchester, 1992)

Documentaries
A Fistful of Zoo TV
Zoo TV - The Inside Story
Trabantland

Extras
Video Confessional
Numb Karaoke

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 10:03:51 AM »
Not a bad selection of bonus material - more interesting than the prior U2 DVD's in my eyes.

Odd that they didn't just toss in TTTYATTW from the Sydney show - it was proshot and not included on the original VHS due to time constraints (or so I had been told) and they even included the video confessionals from the show.  It would have made a nice way to 'complete' the concert ala MW on the slane DVD... though they could have just tossed it in the first disc.

u2rob

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/thephillyfly/sets/
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 10:18:14 AM »
Nice - looks like I had some of it figured out, anyway (Stop Sellafield songs, Trabantland, some other ZooTV documentary type stuff).

The Yankee Stadium videos - I'm pretty sure those are the ones featured on the Philips DCC presents ZooTV (with Bono as the Mirrorball Man doing his "I have a vision! Television!" routine during Desire).  Can anyone confirm?

Also, re: TTTYAATW from Sydney - wasn't it excluded because of an inability to get the girl brought onstage to sign a release (or was it because she was underage and shown drinking champagne)?  Did we ever get the official answer on that?

[Edited on 2006-6-23 by u2rob]

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2006, 02:11:16 PM »
The international release date is apparently September 18, so I would assume September 19 for North America.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2006, 10:43:51 PM »
Yeah I read about the champagne thing. Though you think they could just cut to a different angle for the few seconds she was actually drinking if that was it.

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 08:41:13 PM »
Now available for pre-order on Amazon UK.

That drinking segment took just a few seconds. Bono signals to the girl to take a drink and she takes two. One on the cam.