Author Topic: October Casette in Cigarette Box  (Read 3211 times)

Garrycs69

October Casette in Cigarette Box
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:36:05 AM »
Hi All

I am just wondering if anyone has the October Casette where the casette box opens like a cigarette box. I have one but it is in tatters and i tried to glue it together when i was a kid (stupid kid). The casette has the full album on one side and the other side says something about recording your own compilation if you wish. It's obviously worth nothing because of me but i was wondering if it was only released here in Ireland and maybe if anyone knows how many pressings were made.
I also have a presentation pack of 4 7" singles with the numbers 1-4 on the front, from the days when my brother was a DJ. I must dig them out of the attic to get more info, anyone know of these.

Thanks
Garry

u2rob

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/thephillyfly/sets/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 08:25:48 AM »
Garry,

I don't know about production run numbers for the "1+1" version of the October cassette, but it was only released in the UK and Ireland as far as I'm aware.

Patrice's site has a picture of the cigarette-style case, anyway (scroll down to the UK * cassette heading).

So was this a trend for a while, leaving one side of a cassette blank?  Would this mean that you could accidentally tape over the A-side?  Or did they somehow write-protect one side only?

The pack of four singles with numbers on the front is almost surely U2 PAC 3.

A nice item, to be sure.  There's a few up on ebay right now if you want to get an idea of what kind of prices they fetch (looks like on average around $50 USD for a complete set in nice condition).

Hope this helps...
-Rob

Garrycs69

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 05:00:07 PM »
Hi Rob

Thanks for the reply, i should open my eyes. Sure enough there is a picture of my cigarette box on the site, such a pity i didn't take better care of it. And yes i also found the four pack, i must check my attic to see its condition.

Thanks
Garry