Author Topic: problems getting into the site  (Read 6511 times)

jimbo913

problems getting into the site
« on: February 27, 2006, 11:57:11 AM »
Seems I am having trouble getting into the site recently.  I try and go on every mornging, but usually I have to keep hitting reload to finally get the site to open.  Sometimes I get a weird error page, other times I get the standard IE can't find page page.  Am I the only one experiencing this?

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 08:57:54 PM »
We've been noticing these occasional downtimes as well - if you get a weird database error it's probably because their mysql server is done, the forum, news bits, and lyrics are fed from a database.  You can try going to a random discography entry in your browsers history to see if static content renders.  Not really sure why you would, but that's what i do to see what exactly is up or down. :)

Sometimes it seems like everything is down for a few minutes - our host is usually really reliable so we're hoping this sporadic outtages are resolved soon.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 09:55:21 AM »
That is most likely the case.  It came up fine and dandy today.  It isn't a big problem, I just wanted to know if I was the only one experiencing it.  Thanks!

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 05:02:49 PM »
Carl, as one of your contributions on the problem in OOTS (Transcription section) apparently got lost in traffic, just to say one of my earlier ones on discography did as well a day before I write the OOTS post. I guess this maybe a downtime problem. I did not greatly worry about it (thankfully, it wasn't a very long post) but just thought I mention it now that jimbo913 asked

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2006, 08:56:40 PM »
Hmmm.  The site being down for a few minutes here and there in the long run doesn't really bother me, but losing content does.  We haven't really been updating the news/lyrics section much (well at least there's one upside to that)