Author Topic: OOTS Download (Only?) Single  (Read 5588 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
OOTS Download (Only?) Single
« on: February 10, 2006, 10:56:21 PM »
I have been hearing a rumor for the last couple weeks that U2 was planning on releasing OOTS as a download-only single on February 20.

Well, the download part is confirmed, as 7Digital has the track available for pre-order.  Why you would want to pre-order a download is beyond me, but at any rate:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=15&product=29552&sid=316424

Whether it will ever see a CD release is anybody's guess.

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 06:59:45 PM »
Thanks for the info. How many videos are there now? 3?

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 11:53:18 AM »
very odd indeed.  I was hoping for a pressed version with some more b sides.

Roland of Gilead

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2006, 12:48:16 PM »
This irks me very much. I was also hoping that this song would actually see a commerical cd single release at some point. Doesn't seem likely now.

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 05:04:48 PM »
Quite agree - I wonder whether they're holding back because they're thinking already about  the next album... (I don't hold my breat - yet.)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2006, 09:00:23 PM »
Oddly enough the CG video for OOTS single version is available on iTunes US/UK but the song itself in audio format is only available on iTunes UK.  This was apparent (well actually not as they didn't give any descriptions of them) by the links in the u2.com article.

Perhaps this has recently changed or I just overlooked something however.

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2006, 12:10:49 AM »
We sell the new video Ipod at my store. The box has a closeup of Bono singing on the cover. They may be using this as a promo for the Ipod. Makes sense commercially for Apple. With the Grammy's and the tour. They are the world's number 1 band.

During the so-called "pizza" interview after the Grammy's, Bono seemed about to talk about a single release of OOTS. But he didn't.

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2006, 10:15:04 AM »
I can confirm, somewhat belatedly, that iTunes UK offers the single audio version which goes with the Catherine Owens / Mark Pellington video (the one with flowers growing out of the mouth of a female head). It also offers the Live from Chicago video but not the Mark Pellington video (the one which mostly shows Bono's head) which can be seen and bought at http://music.aol.com/artist/main.adp?tab=songvid&artistid=5723 (look for the new version). I don't know what format the AOL media player uses but I don't think it is designed to be integrated with iTunes ;-)

If you buy an iTunes video but don't have an iPod that plays videos, is it possible to listen to the song without buying the audio version as well? I don't suppose it is...