Author Topic: Desire (Rattle & Hum Video)  (Read 5276 times)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
Desire (Rattle & Hum Video)
« on: December 28, 2003, 04:50:47 AM »
What I had:

She is the powder, I'm exploding
She's a bop, bop, baby, say I'm going
I'm asleep with a thousand lovers
I've been to bed one hundred others 

Natalie corrected me with:

she's the firework, I'm exploding
she's the spark, spark, baby, see I'm going
I was asleep with 1,000 lovers
I've been to bed with 100 others

I ended up going with:

She is a firework, I'm exploding
She is a spark, spark, baby, say I'm going
I was asleep with a thousand lovers
I've been to bed, one hundred others

"See" makes more sense, but still hear an A sound sticking with "say" in the first line.  The I was is really more of an I's but it isn't a proper contraction and is vague (is/was/etc) anyways, so I'm sticking with I was.  The last line doesn't make as much sense, but he doesn't sing a "with" in there, though it is implied.  Bop bop just had to be wrong though, it has been bugging me for a while.  I should try and track down a copy of the DVD as I have wav's I recorded from the VHS tape.

rivergoat

• Parser
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2003, 01:01:23 AM »
Yeah, I had 'bop bop' first time too, and wasn't happy with it either. I knew it was firework though }:)~ Here's my version (after a bit of parsing):

She's a firework, I'm exploding
She's a 'foxy fine'/'fox fire' baby, see I'm going
I could sleep with a thousand lovers
I've been to bed, one hundred others

yeah, he skipped the 'with' in the last line, no matter how much I try to amplify that bit, 'with' just isn't there. I think the third line is differentfrom what you have, and I'll stick with 'see' instead of 'say' }:)~

As far has having a wav recorded from the video.. I recorded my .WAV of this song from video...

goat

}:)~

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2003, 08:17:19 PM »
Originally posted by rivergoat
Yeah, I had 'bop bop' first time too, and wasn't happy with it either. I knew it was firework though }:)~

Yeah, well I think I had something even sillier before 'bop bop'....

I slowed it down (by resampling, not stretching) and honestly on looped playback I can hear the third line both ways.  Yours seems to make more sense so I'll stick with it.  I still stand by my second line though.  And he doesn't contract 'she is'. :P