Author Topic: Curious about how much U2 get paid  (Read 13076 times)

dravenx

Curious about how much U2 get paid
« on: September 23, 2005, 07:35:40 PM »
Im so curious about how much money U2 get paid for each concert. Honestly i have no clue about it.

Any of you know how much money they get for one concert??
how much money do i need to pay to bring the band to my hometown !!???
any ideas??

Butter7

• http://velvetdress.yculblog.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 07:24:29 AM »
Should be exremely expensive...

but....

....if...

you kidnap their wives and kids to your hometown's city town hall, I think you can get them play for free...

^.^

dravenx

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 01:33:21 AM »
hehehe lol

there were some rumors that they get about 1.5 Million dlls for each concert... but not sure if thats true or just a joke :(

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 07:45:10 AM »
I'd imagine it'd vary on location, but I think it'd be hard to pay U2 to come somewhere they weren't planning to.  On one there are a lot of layers to go through, secondly they don't really need the money and have done shows they just feel like doing ala Sarajevo.

I mean they sell out almost all US towns in 15-40 minutes - they need rest breaks between shows and travelling and it isn't like they couldn't fill more towns if they really wanted to.

I don't think kidnapping their family would do much but get you in jail and Bono coming after you with a butcher knife (remembering what he said in an interview way back, perhaps in the rolling stones book).

dravenx

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2005, 03:18:55 AM »
i asked this not because i want to bring them to my hometown, actually they've played here two times this year, and there are two more concerts to come in november (i live in Los Angeles, California), i just asked because i was curious about how much they get paid, since other bands (not as big as U2, cuz there are not) reveal those numbers... i was wondering why U2 doesnt.

and youre right about they dont need the money, they can play in a city the whole month and all the dates will be sold out, but thats part of this show, they do that on purpose, just a few dates so the ppl will be more excited about getting tickets for the concert.

Butter7

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2005, 09:27:35 AM »
Originally posted by Carl

I don't think kidnapping their family would do much but get you in jail and Bono coming after you with a butcher knife (remembering what he said in an interview way back, perhaps in the rolling stones book).

Good, then we can start a competition to see who's better at throwing butcher knife to others.

Let's practice from today...  :D

hehehe...

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »
Hmmm.  Not sure most fans want to get into knife throwing contests with the band (and aren't butcher knives a bit heavy for that).  Even if you won I'm sure you'd have to take on thousands of grieving Bono fangirls. :p

Perhaps you could try wearing this shirt while carrying your weapon of choice.  U2's security detail might not be amused.

Butter7

(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 07:28:47 PM »
Ohhh....

This design  is really funny...

With or without this shirt, he's already in the history book anyway.

Speak my choice of the weapon...what about a water gun full filled with honey? These Bono fangirls would love do the cleaning up later... :p

* Edit to say
I realise honey might be a bit too sticky, after made a cup of honey water for myself 2 minutes ago... so my second choice is chocolate sauce...

[Edited on 2005-10-1 by Butter7]

mofo3600

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 05:00:49 PM »
Originally posted by Butter7
Ohhh....

This design  is really funny...

With or without this shirt, he's already in the history book anyway.

Speak my choice of the weapon...what about a water gun full filled with honey? These Bono fangirls would love do the cleaning up later... :p

* Edit to say
I realise honey might be a bit too sticky, after made a cup of honey water for myself 2 minutes ago... so my second choice is chocolate sauce...

[Edited on 2005-10-1 by Butter7]

mofo3600

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2005, 05:07:59 PM »
Well if you did some quick math - you could atleast get to a ballpark range ... if you figure they have 20,000 people out to each show - with an average price of $100 per ticket ... then they would gross $2,000,000 per show ... of course out of that they have to pay all of their expenses - and the Vertigo tour probably isn't cheap ... what with all the trucks,  state of the art lighting and technology, roadies who have to be paid, fed and housed etc etc ... figure if the band can net 20% of the $2,000,000 they'd be doing well .... just all off the top of my head of course - but probably gives you a ball park idea ...

Nando_Edge

• u2br.com
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2006, 07:13:48 PM »
I just know i've paid R$200,00 (U$ 115,00, only ticket + about U$ 280 with hotel, food, ...) last show in Brazil and It was very expensive to me!!!