Author Topic: War Child Music  (Read 6155 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
War Child Music
« on: September 17, 2005, 07:43:13 AM »
Just noticed Carl's post on the front page about the new War Child album being on iTunes.

You are better off buying the tracks from warchildmusic.com.  If you download "iPod compatible" tracks, you get 192 kbps AAC with no DRM, as opposed to the iTMS's 128 kbps with DRM.  You also have the option of downloading MP3s from War Child.

Edit: Now that I think about it, maybe this belongs in "Off Topic Banter"  Carl, use your powers...

[Edited on 2005-9-17 by Brad]

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 08:22:07 AM »
Powers have been used! You're providing me with a lot of administrative fun aren't you?

Yeah you get higher bitrates at the Warchild store, but (perhaps I merely didn't check around hard enough) it seems to be in pounds sterling only (~$17 US) and I'd need to register there.  The CD is coming out shortly so for those wanting to burn at their own control that's the way to go.

Apparently the iTunes release had the damien rice track remastered - not sure if the CD will or not.  It doesn't really sound like him singing though... sounds more like Glenn from the Frames. Odd.

Update: What the heck I split it into it's own entry.  A rare off topic newsbit. :)

[Edited on 2005-9-17 by Carl]