Author Topic: oooo.... new look  (Read 7487 times)

jimbo913

oooo.... new look
« on: August 23, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
I like the new look, did this happen over the weekend?

Very well done!

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2005, 08:16:54 AM »
Thanks. :)

Aaron sent me a screen-capture over MSN, we bickered about the exact shade of maroon to use for a bit and after trying out a few things I whipped up the current half-tone / checkerboard background and we agreed on that.  Back when we were developing the layout introduced when the Vertigo single hit he actually changed the style sheets to a maroon tone as he was sick of seeing the blue all the time.  It's kind of funny how that came full circle in a sense.

It took me a while to really get used to - how many years has it been blue on white? - but I'm really fond of it now, especially in the forum.

I think I need to recolor some more of the icons here though, not happy with the bright blue for new messages.  Contrast is nice, but it stands out a bit too much.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 11:56:30 AM »
Well...

I think it looks great.  It was just such a shock to load this up on Tuesday (out of town till then).  But I think it is very refreshing.

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 08:04:55 PM »
Yeah, I was surprised as well. Didn't like it at first , but now I'm used to it and appreciate the changes. :)

Butter7

• http://velvetdress.yculblog.com/
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2005, 02:00:23 PM »
me 2.

I just couldn't find enough words for how much I was sick of the red/black color combination washed all fan site over a night. But it's works quite good for this site. As long as we don't have to read/type white words against black ground or I'll go blind ...

-_-|||

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2005, 10:59:49 PM »
Yeah I think the maroon works really well, it ties in a bit with the new artwork but is a bit more professional/subtle.

I can't really imagine going back to the old color-scheme now.

Heh, back in the day the site did have gold on black, then blue on black.... perhaps we should go full circle next design change...? Hello, hello.