Author Topic: Digital Only Releases  (Read 7050 times)

tuunainen

Digital Only Releases
« on: March 15, 2005, 07:59:51 PM »
You are doing just a great job with the discography.

But you have forgotten one digital only release in discography....

Edit version of the song "Camouflage of Righteousness" by Little Steven which was released through mp3.com.

Or was is intetional because it's only collaborational song?

Keep up the good work.

Greets,
Janne

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 01:44:51 AM »
Actually that had slipped by us... Aaron isn't too big on the whole non-physical release thing and I just use iTunes.  I did a quick search of mp3.com - I wasn't able to pull up an edit of that song and the album version isn't available for download.

If you can give us a link to it that'd be great...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 03:31:25 PM »
I assumed he's referring to the old mp3.com, pre-CNET takeover.

They used to have some good stuff on there; now it's just another place to stream low bitrate crap from low talent popular artists.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 04:46:13 PM »
Ah.

Well if it was a low profile digital release only edit that isn't available any longer I'm not quite sure if we want to deal with that.  mp3.com if I remember correctly used to be a place where artists could upload tracks etc - we don't cover mp3s/video from u2.com etc.  

If we can get more information that'd help out.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 05:50:31 PM »
It's actually already listed in the "By Song Tilte" section, unless it was just added.

tuunainen

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2005, 06:14:34 PM »
I first heard of this song version in your 'By Song' version of discgraphy. I downloaded it some years ago. I know I had it on my harddisk but it's not there anymore. I may have it somewhere on cd...

Here's link to news at vh1.com

http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/517647/09231999/steven_van_zandt.jhtml

The actual file is not available anymore.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2005, 05:54:02 PM »
Nice to see you here Janne, and thank you so much for all of your help through the years.  

I haven't forgotten the Camoflage of Righteousness song.  It was really the first digital only release and made it's way in the "By Song" section.  I'm hoping to cover it in the new digital release section as well.

Also needed to be added is Bono's singing "Across the Universe" at this years Grammy awards.  That one is now available at iTunes as well.  Guess I'm going to have to set up a solo component to those pages already.  :)

I'm moving this week to a new city, but will try to get some updates done to the discography soon.

AJ.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2005, 08:21:54 PM »
See what happens when I'm left to comment on discography releases?

You really should drop by more often! ;)

tuunainen

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2005, 05:36:33 PM »
I'm not very keen on digital releases myself but... I'll I have to check the iTunes U2 section...

You're welcome Aaron. I'll help you whenever I can. I'm just so busy that I have not much time for U2. But I'm checking your site at least once a week. It's still my guide to the world of U2 collecting. As I said before... Keep up the good work.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2005, 10:30:44 AM »
If you're going to be adding side projects to that section, wouldn't the studio version of "46664(Long Walk To Freedom)" need to be added as well?