Author Topic: question about getting tickets  (Read 5406 times)

jimbo913

question about getting tickets
« on: March 09, 2005, 10:23:06 AM »
I admit that I never joined U2.com.  I know about the presale going on now, but I can't seem to find any information about how to go about getting tickets (ie, date tickets will go on sale) for the general public.  Does anyone know where to point me?

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 10:23:44 PM »
I didn't either.
Do you have the list of 3rd leg dates? Pick your city and go to ticketmaster.com. and they'll list the opening time and date for the general sale. I think for Atlanta, e.g., that would be this Sat the 12th at 10:am.

For me it's DC MCI Center and my tickets also go on sale to the general public this time. I've read all kinds of tricks to try to get seats but actually have no clue. I'll be logged on before 10 am ready to click and take my chances. atU2 has had good coverage of the presale which seems to be going much better this time. Best of luck.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 03:42:10 PM »

I should have tried that... I must be the laziest person in the world.  I am going to try for that same show... good luck getting them.  Post back and let me know if it all went well for you.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2005, 03:06:38 PM »
I was able to get two tickets in lower arena.  Unfortunately they are behind the stage.  I don't know how bad that is, but I know it isn't great.  Well, at least I will be there.

I was not able to get tickets for my friends though, and am dissappointed in that.  But there is still a lot of time to find alternate ways to get tickets.  

I hope you got your tickets too!

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2005, 12:20:27 AM »
Congratulations!  At least you're in the game. Hope for a stage design that gives you a view. I'd rather be lower level than nosebleed where you need opera glasses and get the triple echo.

I got nada. Work related circumstances beyond my control. It was a Seinfeld or rather a Larry David Show. What could go wrong went wrong.

It's quite busy at our company. I'm installing a LCD panel tomorrow on my day off and I'm not really an installer. :)

I'll be patient and get to one of the DC shows. I may have to wear a dress and put on earings...

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2005, 10:14:16 PM »
Well I just got a ticket. After listening to both of the San Diego shows, especially the second which was much better, I had to get one from Ebay. Watching some video clips pushed me over the edge. I'm also behind the stage but from what I've seen from San Diego it shouldn't be bad at all.

Thank God I didn't need the earings!:)