Author Topic: Help on Instrumental - Sunday Bloody Sunday  (Read 7439 times)

curious

Help on Instrumental - Sunday Bloody Sunday
« on: February 22, 2005, 05:07:33 PM »
Hi hope someone can help me.  My son has recent U2 fascination.  There is an instrument playing during the bridge (I think that's what it's called) of Sunday Bloody Sunday.  He really wants to know what it is & has been told it's either a violin or guitar being plucked.  I've tried searching, but come up empty.  Can anyone put him (and ME!) out of our misery?  Thanks

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 01:21:04 PM »
Sorry I cannot help you there but your question made me realise how little there seems to be available on the way instruments are used - or maybe I am just not aware of it.  So on a related matter: does anyone know of a site that explains what, say, the Edge is doing at various places. Even a noddy's guide to riffs for someone who does not play guitar (and whose mother language isn't English) would be helpful...

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 02:28:45 PM »
It's Edge's guitar, he mutes it with his left hand and then strums on it, that gives it the very percussive feel.  If you dig up a live DVD you should be able to get a clearer idea of what I'm talking about.

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2005, 12:28:26 AM »
Between Two Worlds,

Yes there are a zillion (no exageration) websites for guitar players and very many devoted to Edge alone and how he gets his sound. Google "The edge U2" or some variation and have fun. I've done it a few times and never scratched the surface.