Author Topic: Site update?  (Read 7356 times)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
Site update?
« on: February 07, 2005, 11:20:14 PM »
Did you guys change the font or is something going funky with my browser?

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 01:40:59 AM »
Something's going funky. ^^

What browser/OS are you using?  It should render correctly in Firefox across multiple platforms...

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 08:52:27 AM »
Safari / OS X

I just installed Microsoft Office 2004 and it installed a bunch of fonts, so maybe that's the culprit.  I can read everything fine, but the fonts are definitely different.

Weird.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2005, 11:05:29 PM »
The font we use for most of the site is Arial, for the smaller stuff Verdana.  There is a core fonts package that emulates most of the major fonts for Linux, since OSX is *nix it might work there as well.

Other than that no idea... if browser font size settings changed it should affect every site you go to (but then again, so should having odd Arial and Verdana fonts).  Perhaps you just have the same fonts that we do know. :)

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2005, 03:01:54 PM »
You've reminded me of something here, Carl. I've finally switched to Firefox (Walnut theme): the site looks the same as with Internet Explorer 6.0 - just thought I tell you before Internet Explorer becomes a distant memory... ;-)

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2005, 03:35:58 PM »
I've been a fan of Firefox for a while now (0.6 or 0.7) and love the browser.  There are a lot of really great extensions, some of which you think should have been there all along and others which are amazingly useful but something I couldn't have come up with.

I guess about the font changes, I've noticed that Safari seems to render fonts with more weight (bold) compared to IE and Firefox - so perhaps that was a font issue and not a browser one? The fonts with Office are more MSey??  Not really sure as I recall Mozilla (plain) doing the same thing.

I personally browse the site using Firefox on Windows (occasionally MSIE 6.0x), and checked it on Safari on OSX (using iCapture).  I downloaded Netscape and Opera but just use them for dev purposes - a linux friend checked the site out on a few browsers on his box.  Aaron does his best to keep it compatable with Netscape 4.x but I think that's kind of silly.