Author Topic: No Mexico & South American Dates  (Read 7558 times)

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
No Mexico & South American Dates
« on: January 24, 2005, 02:07:04 PM »
I'm very dissapointed for the Tour Dates

...as It happened with the Elevation Tour, again Mexico, Brasil, Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Bolivia, Guatemala, etc. are not included for the "Vertigo" tour 2005

Not Sad...because there's anger inside, and I feel like thousands of people from Rio Grande to Patagonia who were expecting this day...and we got nothing.

Thank You Guys, maybe in 2009

[Edited on 2005-1-24 by santiago2u]

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 10:41:45 PM »
No southern US dates, either.

Anybody want a pre-sale code?

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 12:10:06 AM »
They still haven't announced the third and fourth legs of the tour. Don't give up hope yet.
I agree it would be a shame to leave out S. America.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 04:01:07 PM »
Brad, if you *really* don't want one they'll have shows in LA on the 5th and 6th, one of which is my birthday.  If you know someone better or can travel keep it for yourself though.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 05:07:53 PM »
Carl, I don't think I'll be making a show this leg.  

I hope it's not to late fo ryou to purchase a ticket, but I'll email you the code.

Edit: Sent to your u2wanderer address.

[Edited on 2005-1-25 by Brad]

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 08:17:04 PM »
The LA1 and Anaheim shows are sold out of GA and any seats that would be affordable to me are sold out as well.  :(

If you know someone looking for expensive seats feel free to pass it on.  I checked around 3pm but have been busy at work.

Thanks again for the generous offer... no matter what else happens U2 still have the best fans. :)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 10:58:01 PM »
Sorry you couldn't find affordable seats.  

I suppose I'll keep that code in my back pocket until the third leg, just in case, but feel free to use it for another show if you want.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 02:08:42 AM »
It was great to hop on the forum and see your post... how you can take something negative and try it turn it into something positive for someone you've never even met.  Hopefully they'll hit more of the 'red states' on the third leg (though I have no idea if these presale codes will even be valid then).  Matt put up an amusing article on the tours stops:
http://www.atu2.com/news/article.src?ID=3715

This whole pre-sale thing turned out to be more of a mess than anyone would have guessed (and I've been pretty cynical about the whole "new U2" marketing machine mis-steps myself.  @U2 have a bunch of info and links up on their main page and I didn't see the point of copy/pasting them all.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2005, 10:03:40 AM »
That was really nice of you Brad to offer your code to Carl.  Goes to show that U2 fans are some of the kindest folks I have "never met." :)

I am in one of those red states, Tenn to be exact.  I am a little dissappointed that they aren't coming anywhere within 8 hours of me... but I wait patiently for the announcement of the other legs of the tour.  Plus a friend of mine pointed out how spread out the dates are... surely more will be added.  At least I hope.  Heck, they even went to my hometown of Lexington, KY for the elevation tour, and that is about as small as you can get.  I have heard that you could still buy tickets the day of the show.  

Oh well, going to play the waiting game some more.

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2005, 03:11:51 PM »
Nothing like the sorrows of others to cheer one up? This is the end of the day here in London - you know the "beginning of general release" day this morning, the "ticketmaster.co.uk sold out" day this evening and I am glad that U2 are playing near-by and I got a ticket. Yes, $150 seems expensive for a pretty ordinary seat somewhere in the middle of the crowd and the $40 I coughed up for U2.com because I panicked last Monday did not get me much more than trouble. I could have got the same ticket today from ticketmaster (I tried, just for fun) - and for the GA ticket I wanted maybe I should have become a member of ticketmaster rather than U2.com!
But I realise I am better off than many and so I won't complain any more, much.
Hope, U2 makes it to the south after all!

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2005, 05:34:49 AM »
I've been meaning to ask this for a while... Brad were you able to get tickets to anything this tour?  Going early day of seems like it has worked pretty well so far, but it's always nice to know you'll get in for sure. :)

Or perhaps I just have some ticket karma left over from selling prop GAs at face last tour.

I really hope something works out for you - if I could switch being able to see 6 vs 2-3 CA shows between Elevation and Vertigo I'd switch in a heartbeat. SD and SJ1-2 were great last time but the LA shows less so by then.