Author Topic: Love and Peace or Else  (Read 5774 times)

Between Two Worlds

Love and Peace or Else
« on: January 22, 2005, 04:29:34 PM »
The official lyrics read "You don't have time / For a jealous lover" but I am confident I hear "You don't have time / Before a jealous lover"

Does anyone else hear "before"?

A wondering wanderer Between Two Worlds

slaneman

(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 12:54:10 AM »
For what it's worth at 1:40 I hear "before" also.  That's after several listenings thru headphones.

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 04:03:10 PM »
I finally got around to this - I've seen it floating around but never checked.  I hear it too, or at least a syllable before "for".  Crap. :)

Personally I like the old lyric better, from the viewpoint of a protest song (from two worlds eh?). It reminds of one of students at Tianenmen I saw a picture of. He had a bullet wound to his chest (or something causing bleeding and needing to be bandaged up) - he's leaning on a girl who is looking up at him concerned but is looking at a camera flashing the peace sign.

I really should write up an interp of this...

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2005, 02:46:06 PM »
O I'd love to read this...  I know that there is so much more going on in this marvellous piece than I grasp.

By the way, I cannot make up my mind as to whether I can hear the "r"s in

All your daughters of Zion
All your Abraham sons

sometimes I do, sometimes I don't

I continue to admire your (plural - partiyulraly Carl and slaneman, I suppose) ability to get down in writing those barely discernible bits (usually as here at the beginning of songs). I can clearly hear the odd bit here and there, once I've seen your transcription - thanks!

Carl

• Administrator
  • Transcriber
    • u2w
(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 04:40:21 AM »
Ok, against what I *want* to be there 'before' is up.

BTW - I know what you're talking about at those "you's".  It sounds more like "ya" to me... I tend to transcribe ya/you stuff more on live shows than album versions but I suppose this should go in.  The second line is more clearly a "ya" and they do impact meaning... you/ya doesn't really but your does (which sounds more like ya).

I already edited the middle 8, the mutterings between the first verse, fixed up the choruses, added in text in the intro.... the official transcription on this song was definately lacking!

[Edited on 2005-3-18 by Carl]

Between Two Worlds

(No subject)
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 06:46:28 PM »
I guess I was partly wondering who would be addressed if it was "your" - the simple vocative seemed to make more sense.