Author Topic: UK Joshua Tree CD pressing  (Read 4796 times)

jimbo913

UK Joshua Tree CD pressing
« on: January 05, 2005, 08:03:34 PM »
I am looking for a place to buy the UK pressing of the JT CD.  I want the CD with the album cover:

http://www.u2wanderer.org/disco/view.shtml?images/alb006-07.jpg

Can anyone point me in a good direction?  I have tried ebay, but don't really know where to turn.  I have seen it on amazon.co.uk but they don't ship to the states.

[Edited on 1/7/2005 by jimbo913]

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2005, 08:07:24 PM »
here in mexico this album cover on cd was release, and very easy to find.
if you like I can get you a copy

morgan1098

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 09:58:36 PM »
I've been visiting u2wanderer.org for years to check the discography, and yet I didn't realize until today that this forum even existed!

Anyway, I have a comment and a question about this CD...

First, amazon.co.uk WILL ship to the US, unless maybe you don't have an actual street address.  I live in the US and have ordered lots of stuff from them in the past.

An even better option would be www.cd-wow.net.  This site has the European version of the Joshua Tree album (with the "LP" cover) and you can get it for 16.99 with FREE shipping to the US, which is the best deal I've found.

Which leads me to my question...

I recently ordered this album from CD-Wow.  It's definitely got the LP cover, plus the inside of the booklet contains several B&W photos that are not in the US CD booklet.  Cool!  HOWEVER, my booklet was all mixed up... the lyrics were out of order and the photos were put together wrong.  My question is... do ALL of the "LP cover" booklets have this problem, or did I just get a CD that had a manufacturing error?  I e-mailed Carl about this, who forwarded my e-mail to Aaron, but I haven't heard back yet.  Does anyone here have the UK version of the JT, and can you confirm whether your booklet is "in order?"

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2005, 03:26:18 PM »
Wish I knew the answer, but I have the Mexican pressing, and the booklet is laid out normally.

You guys sound a lot like me, though.  I had to order Boy from Australia to get the cover I wanted, and I actually bought the Mexican pressing of Joshua Tree in Nicaragua.

And no, I didn't go to Nicaragua just for that. :)

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 09:43:10 AM »
Sweet... thanks for the lead.  I had pretty much given up on getting it.