Author Topic: Single vs. EP  (Read 2148 times)

BlueBlue

Single vs. EP
« on: December 11, 2021, 05:18:38 AM »
I am wondering about the distinction you guys are making between EPs and Singles. The discography on the main site has both categories, however, classifying a release seems to be a bit erratic.

If you look at the discography entry for "Trilogy" it says "This three track digital EP was issued as a single on digital storefronts and streaming platforms (...) But those three remixes were released to streaming services on November 13, 2020 as a standalone EP titled Trilogy."

What is the criteria you are applying to classifying a release as a single or as en EP?

Thanks for clarifying.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Single vs. EP
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2021, 08:17:25 PM »
I am wondering about the distinction you guys are making between EPs and Singles. The discography on the main site has both categories, however, classifying a release seems to be a bit erratic.

If you look at the discography entry for "Trilogy" it says "This three track digital EP was issued as a single on digital storefronts and streaming platforms (...) But those three remixes were released to streaming services on November 13, 2020 as a standalone EP titled Trilogy."

What is the criteria you are applying to classifying a release as a single or as en EP?

Thanks for clarifying.

Generally we are listing things as an EP if they have a unique title from the songs contained within, but aren’t full album length.

i.e. Trilogy has a unique name and isn’t named after any of the songs on it.

It’s a new section we set up and we have been attempting to get back to it. It’s been a bit chaotic and right now there’s several things that need some updates. I’ll have some news about why the page has been ignored of late in the new year.