Author Topic: Profile Avatar  (Read 4890 times)

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
Profile Avatar
« on: June 15, 2020, 08:08:54 PM »
I did the following in chronological order:
-  went to my forum profile
-  deleted the existing image for my profile avatar
-  clicked on the Change Profile button
-  exited my forum profile
-  viewed a forum thread to confirm that the image was no longer visible on two of my previous forum posts
-  returned to my forum profile
-  tried to upload a different image for my profile avatar
The image I tried to upload is only 30 KB but the upload did not work.  What should I do to fix this?

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Profile Avatar
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 07:00:00 AM »
I'll look into it but the forum is running on an old server, and needs to be moved, so we probably won't put a lot of time or effort into this until such time that we are ready to make the move.

dagobah

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 07:13:57 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I understand your response.  It’s not an emergency so it can wait.  However . . . . . I just tried the process again so that I could document exactly what appears . . . . . after I click on the Change profile button.  The webpage leaves that screen and then a box this appears with this:
An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable.  Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 06:05:51 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  I understand your response.  It’s not an emergency so it can wait.  However . . . . . I just tried the process again so that I could document exactly what appears . . . . . after I click on the Change profile button.  The webpage leaves that screen and then a box this appears with this:
An Error Has Occurred!
The attachments upload directory is not writable.  Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

Yes, we are having issues with permissions on our old server. Due to new security some of the features of this forum won't work, including the ability to upload avatars. We know it's a problem.  We have a fix for it but have other things that have to get done first. 

dagobah

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 07:16:03 PM »
Yes, we are having issues with permissions on our old server. Due to new security some of the features of this forum won't work, including the ability to upload avatars. We know it's a problem.  We have a fix for it but have other things that have to get done first.
Yes, of course.  I'm cool with that.  Thanks for the response.