Author Topic: UABRS unedited with SITC  (Read 5710 times)

jimbo913

UABRS unedited with SITC
« on: December 21, 2004, 05:38:29 PM »
First off, I hate to keep asking all these questions.  The fact that there are only a handful of us who post here makes it look like I am continually asking all these stupid questions, whereas at places like interference, I am only one in thousands where my posts usually slip into a quiet oblivion, from which I can enjoy a certain level of anonyminity (which I still can't spell, even though I tried looking it up first).

But anyway... another one of my silly questions.

For a long time I have been looking for the unedited version of UABRS.  I have searched high and low listening to every available used copy I can listen to to see if I can locate it.  Well... I still can't.  Today, I stumbled upon the article here:

http://www.atu2.com/collectors/columns/mcgee/uabrs/

This article makes it pretty clear (or at least clear enough) that European pressing all have the unedited version.  That was never my understanding from reading the discography section on this site.  So... how true is it that all copies outside of the US are unedited?  If so, could someone suggest a good source for buying this CD (besides the usual ebay... which I have been trying)?  I would love to locate a copy of this.

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
(No subject)
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 05:50:48 PM »
I actually ordered a copy from Australia, thinking that the Australian pressing were not edited.

But, alas, this CD also has the edited version.

Pretty sure only certain pressings from the UK have the unedited version.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 12:19:19 PM »
Hmmm.  The article linked above makes it sound like these are easy to find, but I have only encounted one person state-side who said he has it.  I do have it on vinyl, and an mp3 version.  But I want it on CD.  I did make an edited version of UABRS using my CD and the mp3 (after cutting out the second of silence in the beginning... had to convert it to a wave file first).  However, there is a slight difference in sound, so it isn't exactly perfect.

[Edited on 12/23/2004 by jimbo913]

zoom

(No subject)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 04:29:40 AM »
Probably the easiest way to get a cd version of SITC is to get hold of the Australian "Festival" cd version of UABRS.  Festival distributed Island in Australia until about 1989.  All festival copies ive come across have the unedited version, although i'm not sure if there are edited copies out there.  

Note however, the Polygram version of UABRS (from 1990) contains only the edited version.  Easy way to tell in a record store; the festival version has an orange spine, polygram ones have a white spine.

jimbo913

(No subject)
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2004, 09:01:51 AM »
Thanks, that is a good lead.  Are you in Australia or the States?  Just curious how often imports come here.