Author Topic: Record Store Day 2019: The Europa EP.  (Read 13951 times)

miryclay

Re: Record Store Day 2019: The Europa EP.
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2019, 05:32:47 AM »
With the release of Europe in April it would be cool if we got Oceania in November as a companion to the rumoured tour.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2019, 07:38:31 AM »
With the release of Europe in April it would be cool if we got Oceania in November as a companion to the rumoured tour.

I expect we will be getting a different companion to the rumoured tour. :) 

Anam

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 12:10:06 PM »
Hopefully it's a remastered OST1 to go with the Passengers24 Tour  :P

Nikabrik

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2019, 03:48:26 PM »
Just a heads up that listening to Side A at 33 1/3 sounds VERY cool at times... especially the intro to New Year's Day. The vocals sound weird of course, but everything else has an awesome groove, like an ambient synthy soundtrack. The piano part especially.

morgan1098

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2019, 05:20:22 PM »
This is a cool release. The songs/mixes are excellent and it has a unifying concept that makes sense as an actual EP in the old skool sense rather than just some random live tracks thrown on vinyl.

miryclay

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2019, 05:58:54 PM »
If anyone is looking for a copy, PVC Records in Oakville, Ontario has about 10 copies that are overpriced. Contact them via Facebook or whatever.

CharlesWar

Record Store Day 2019 The Europa EP
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2019, 11:05:55 PM »
I know a couple of people who tried to pre-order online and were told its not possible. So how does this work, you go into a record store and just hope its there? Im not being sarcastic or nasty, I simply dont know.

Anam

Re: Record Store Day 2019 The Europa EP
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2019, 02:58:59 PM »
I know a couple of people who tried to pre-order online and were told its not possible. So how does this work, you go into a record store and just hope its there? Im not being sarcastic or nasty, I simply dont know.

They're all gone now, I'd say. We're a long way down the road since April. Your best bet is second hand - Discogs perhaps - or there may still be shops with the odd copy. In terms of RSD generally, you can't pre-order, although for the Black Friday event, many shops outside the US will take your name for specific items subject to numbers. For the Europa EP, I queued from 5am. There were six copies and they were gone by 10.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 03:01:50 PM by Anam »

morgan1098

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2019, 11:36:37 AM »
Meanwhile the way over-priced "Lights of Home" 2018 vinyl is collecting dust. Three indie stores near me all have multiple copies. I think "The Blackout" can still be found as well. :(

Anam

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 11:50:14 AM »
The releases with exclusive material tends to sell better. The content on both Lights of Home and The Blackout is available elsewhere. A lot of shops were left with huge stocks of those two in particular and that caused a rethink, both in terms of the numbers some shops request and the level of effort that the band puts into releases.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 09:46:48 AM »
The releases with exclusive material tends to sell better. The content on both Lights of Home and The Blackout is available elsewhere. A lot of shops were left with huge stocks of those two in particular and that caused a rethink, both in terms of the numbers some shops request and the level of effort that the band puts into releases.

The Blackout was also pressed at 4x the quantities of most of the RSD stuff.  There was a total of 20,000 copies done if you count the 750 in coloured vinyl.  It was the first physical release off the album and they wanted to make sure it was out there foranyone who wanted it.  Most of U2's releases  have been done at 5000 or 7000 copies. 

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2019, 05:55:50 AM »
Aaron, thank you for the October 8, 2019 news write-up about Three, the 12-Inch Vinyl Record for the 2019 Black Friday edition of Record Store Day.  You gave a detailed summary of the previous Record Store Day U2 releases and I really appreciate it.  I'm not aware if that kind of summary is viewable anywhere else on U2songs.com but I'm very grateful it was in that news write-up.

bobni

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2019, 04:17:22 AM »
Just picked up Three at my local record store in Venlo (the Netherlands). They had about 10 copies in stock and still one copy of last year's HMTMKMKM!

morgan1098

« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 10:57:57 AM »
My indie still had 5-10 copies of U2-3 on Saturday! Plus the whole store was 20 percent off because it was Small Business Saturday. So that lessened the high price a bit.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2019, 11:17:23 AM »
Aaron, thank you for the October 8, 2019 news write-up about Three, the 12-Inch Vinyl Record for the 2019 Black Friday edition of Record Store Day.  You gave a detailed summary of the previous Record Store Day U2 releases and I really appreciate it.  I'm not aware if that kind of summary is viewable anywhere else on U2songs.com but I'm very grateful it was in that news write-up.

I try to update it with each release.  Soon there will be a place on the site to go to see all of these sorts of "collections" in one place.  i.e. one page where you will find all of the Record Store Day releases, one page where you can go see all of the recent coloured vinyl releases, one page where you can go to see all of the items that were listed in Record Collector's top 60 collectibles etc.  Hoping to have it ready in the next couple of months.  Doing a lot of rebuilding of the site, hopefully will have a major overhaul in the first few months of 2020.  Maybe something to shoot for on our 25th birthday in April...