Author Topic: Record Store Day: Black Friday 2018 Release.  (Read 9258 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Record Store Day: Black Friday 2018 Release.
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2018, 04:11:38 AM »
The Joshua Tree hasn’t been released yet so waiting on confirmation but since the 2017 release was the same as the 2007 release from an audio perspective I doubt it.

The downloads for Zooropa are the same as the version released in July.

miryclay

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2018, 08:59:51 AM »
The inside graphic novel looks really great. It's almost like a deluxe version of a 12".

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2018, 09:09:44 AM »
Bad news for those outside of the USA:

Told that the Black Friday release may be delayed in some areas.  Companies who had taken pre-orders for the vinyl in Europe have been notifying purchasers that the release will be late (December 7 seems to be the new date) or cancelled altogether. Amazon France for instance, which was able to provide "Red Hill Mining Town" the week of release in 2017, has notified people that their orders for this new release have been cancelled. FNAC is now showing the December 7 release date and haven't cancelled orders.

Further, its been confirmed by my contact at Universal, and with multiple retailers that in Canada the record will definitely be delayed.  It will not be available tomorrow in store is what we are told. And the shops have heard anywhere from "early next week" to "hopefully late in the week".

The record has reached stores in the USA, and should be available tomorrow as expected there. But if you are shopping outside of the USA, it may be worth an advance call to your record shop to check that they have received the item if possible.

bobni

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2018, 04:23:34 AM »
Just picked up a copy of HMTMKMKM at my local record store in Venlo, the Netherlands. They had about 8 of them in stock and were not aware of any delay. I would highly recommend contacting your local record store just to be sure!
It's a fantastic item btw :)

miryclay

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2018, 01:40:54 PM »
I got the only copy that I know of in Toronto, Ontario.

morgan1098

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2018, 02:51:14 PM »
I wasn't able to make it to RSD Black Friday this year here in Colorado (although I wasn't eager to do so, either). But I did go to my local indie store on Saturday, and didn't see any signs of the HMTMKMKM vinyl. I'm guessing they carried it on Friday and it sold out. Funny, they did have like 6 copies still sitting there of the Lights of Home vinyl from April. That thing is an overpriced albatross that remains undesirable and probably will be for years to come.  :/

miryclay

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2019, 09:02:46 PM »
https://youtu.be/Rys45B4OhV0

Watch this at 10:10

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2019, 12:37:22 AM »
https://youtu.be/Rys45B4OhV0

Watch this at 10:10
Starting at 10:10 . . . . . I watched it for a bit.  Am I looking for something related to U2 lyrics?

miryclay

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2019, 09:22:30 AM »
The narrator quotes the same William Blake lyrics from the U2 RSD release. The sick rose..