Author Topic: Artificial Horizon  (Read 7365 times)

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
Re: Artificial Horizon
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2015, 10:17:35 AM »
if he holds it up and it is black, i'll happily trade him for my opened and inspected purple copy :)

miryclay

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2018, 08:58:23 PM »
I got a copy on vinyl today from eBay. 8 years later but whatever.

santiago2u

• starchitect...then, father!
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2018, 08:49:02 PM »
 :-\ I traded one of my Wide Awake In Europe for a Sealed copy of AF...yeah, I know I made a Mistake: they're not the same value, but  I wanted that 3LP...anyway, transatlantic trade or purchase involving heavy-weight packages can be very risky, and this was the case as the package took forever to arrive with a very noticeable bump over one corner.

Worried for the damaged, I needed to remove the shrinkwrap to verify contents, that bump is reflected over the jacket and the three inner sleeves. Even Worse: the side 'E' & 'F' both first tracks, each side (GOYB & SATS) had repeated skips as I played in my turntable.

So, I traded a highly collectable numbered EP for a sealed copy of a 3LP that I could have bought recently by a fair price;now  I'm  stuck with a very damaged copy, unplayable and according must of Vinyl Records Collectors isn't worth more than a few bucks, so I can even sell it for a fair amount.

When this 3LP was originally put on sale at U2.com, there was a "first come, first serve" on ordering the set when you pre-order it; I received back then an e-mail claiming that they couldn't complete my order because they ran out of Lps, so they offered me to change my order for another goods or get a refund; I choose a 360° Tour 11x11 calendar and a 360° tour navy blue cap instead (that came oversized, as I am bald,never fit so  I never wore it)...so finally I'm noticing that this release practically, isn't one of my favs.

miryclay

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2018, 11:33:07 AM »
Santiago, I think that is a reasonable trade.