Author Topic: 2018 Subscription Thread U2 3D (no not that one)  (Read 9297 times)

George

Re: 2018 Subscription Thread U2 3D (no not that one)
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2018, 06:01:31 PM »
WAVs are now available on the profile page!  I did not expect this to happen, so it's a very pleasant surprise that they're doing the right thing!

Every conversation I have had with the powers that be, I've asked for uncompressed files for downloads. So happy to see this tonight. I urge you, if you have twitter, take a moment to thank @U2 and @U2comZooMods for this, so the message gets back that people are happy with these! :)

Thanks for being persistent - maybe it was your efforts that paid off!

I'll certainly do this.  What do the mods have to do with it though?  Do they bring the concerns of Zootopia to the Fanfire team?  I actually just thought they were forum mods and that was about it.  Shows what I know.

As for thanking U2, I will, because I'm thankful.  But honestly, it feels like thanking a waiter for finally bringing you a glass of water at the end of a meal.  No, they didn't "have" to do it, but it was something that should just be done automatically, and a while ago.

The mods have a regular meeting with those who run the fan club, both on U2's side as well as on Live Nation's side of things, where they get to bring concerns and comments from the fans back to the team. Its one of the few avenues where it does go back to those running U2Com rather than just a customer service rep who is reading off canned responses.

I know it seems odd to thank them. But when you've been in the desert for years, and they finally bring you water, you really want to make sure they bring you a second glass when you are ready for it :)

Thanks for the info on the mods - I had no idea!

And no, thanking them is not odd to me at all - I agree with you 100%!  ;D

U2Joshua

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 10:59:29 AM »
Aaron, agreed!  Thank you for your hard work and for representing the fan community well.

George

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 09:54:14 PM »
I just got notice that mine shipped today.  Am I one of the early ones?  I'm never one of the early ones.

Aaron

• Administrator
  • Discographer
    • http://www.u2wanderer.org
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2018, 08:34:44 AM »
I just got notice that mine shipped today.  Am I one of the early ones?  I'm never one of the early ones.

Mine have shipped as well. Seems a lot of people got notification yesterday.

morgan1098

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 12:00:07 PM »
I got a shipping notice as well. To be honest I thought I had already received this months ago and shelved it away with the other U2 vinyl in plastic wrap that I'll never listen to. :)

Brad

• Administrator
  • Newsie
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 02:38:56 PM »
I got a shipping notice as well. To be honest I thought I had already received this months ago and shelved it away with the other U2 vinyl in plastic wrap that I'll never listen to. :)

Same, once we got the WAV files I just sort of forgot about it.

jw

« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2018, 06:49:38 AM »

LOL.  I'm glad I'm not the only one with this reaction.

dagobah

• exploring nature in Yellowstone/Grand Teton
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2018, 11:00:35 PM »
In the January 7, 2018 u2songs.com News Article (by Aaron) titled Fan Club Vinyl: Most Still Waiting, there is a really nice table that shows information about the U2 fan club subscriptions (with columns titled
Subscription Year, Gift Title, Type, Date Announced, Starts Arriving at Subscribers, Months Late).  Is that table located anywhere else on u2songs.com?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 11:13:00 PM by dagobah »

miryclay

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2018, 05:41:10 AM »
I'm still waiting for mine in Canada.

U2maxi

« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2018, 07:08:57 AM »
Still waiting as well (Netherlands).

u2hmtmkmkm

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2018, 07:47:43 PM »
Just in case anyone is making note of these, I'm in Melbourne, Australia and I received my U23D vinyl today. I've attached an image of the only label on the back of the package. I'm not sure if I'm going to open it as I'm not attached to this particular gift and am deciding what I want to do with it.

Anam

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2018, 01:02:34 AM »
Open it, I'd say. The gatefold and prints are really nice. If you stick the record on, or the wavs, you could pass a pleasant half hour.

miryclay

« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2018, 06:08:09 PM »
Open it, I'd say. The gatefold and prints are really nice. If you stick the record on, or the wavs, you could pass a pleasant half hour.

My prints were semi-folded from shipping. I hate to say this but the music is just too far dated for me. Maybe this era should be left behind.